This Black Pepper Chicken stir fry is just like the kind you would order from in the restaurants.
WHAT IS IN BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN
- Oyster sauce
- Soya sauce
Making this recipe is 100% gluten free and is something the whole family can enjoy!
This stir fry is packed with plenty of fibrous vegetables as well such as broccoli, peppers, onions and celery.
Which is all sauteed in a delicious asian sauce that is sure to curb your take-out craving for tonight!
Me and my partner used to go out every week for chinese food, we enjoy it that much.
However now a days, I like to make these type of dishes at home. It not only saves us a ton of money it is also much healthier i’m sure.
HOW TO MAKE BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN
- You will want to start by making the rice “I like to use my rice cooker”
- Then make the sauce, then set aside
- Then you will want to chop all your vegetables then set aside
- Same with the chicken
- In a frying pan/work add 1 cup of water then all the vegetables, broccoli first and stir fry over medium heat for roughly 3 minutes till the vegetables are tender yet crisp. Remove the veggies strain and set aside!
- Then in the same frying pan/work add 1 tbsp of sesame oil and cook the diced chicken over medium heat till no longer pink. Then add in the sliced onion and saute one more minute before adding in the sauce.
- Mix everything together then add in the steamed veggies, 1/4 cup of water and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve alongside rice if desired, enjoy!
Chinese food is typically healthier for you than most foods and this dish definitely is one of those healthy dishes.
Because it is packed with lean protein = chicken breasts. And lots and lots of vegetables!
IS BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN HEALTHY
Yes, it does however have a fair amount of sodium. So if your on a sodium diet, please use just the Oyster sauce and omit the soya.
It’s so darn delicious that i’m confident it will be one of those recipes that you will want to keep in your recipe book.
And truthfully this is the best homemade Black Pepper Chicken Stir Fry that we have tried.
How can I make claims like that?
Well first off this is one of my favorite asian dishes and so I have tried many different recipes throughout the years.
Not to mention I have ordered this dish at many of the asian restaurants.
The only difference between my dish and those in the restaurants, is that they tend to bring it on sizzling hot plate.
With just two chicken breasts you can feed a family of four easily. So what are you waiting for?
By the time you dial up your local restaurant, you can have this delicious and authentic stir fry on the table.
I like to serve this with jasmine rice on the side, and will use a mini rice cooker to cook the rice. Just set it and it will be ready when the dish is completed.
This recipe does have a bit of a sauce, so serving this dish alongside some Jasmine rice is always good.
However if you are wanting to serve this as is feel free to add 1 tbsp of cornstarch to the sauce vs 1 tsp.
This will help to thicken it up even more leaving very little sauce.
Looking for more Chinese style recipes? See the video below for some ideas and or search the blog’s “Skip The Takeout” section for some more inspiration.
Meal Prep Idea: Make enough to create a few meal prep bowls for the week ahead
Notes: Make it with shrimp, beef or tofu too. You may use any other vegetables you have on hand such as snow peas, red onions etc will work well too.
Also you can replace the black pepper with white pepper if desired. And add more water to create more of a sauce if putting this over rice.
Liked this recipe then you will want to try my Black Pepper Shrimp recipes as well.
If you liked this recipe? Then you will want to try my other ASIAN inspired recipes below!
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Best Mongolian Chicken Recipe
- Chinese Mushroom Fried Rice
- Mushroom Chow Mein
- Spicy Chicken Ramen Recipe
- Thai Green Curry Noodles
- Ginger Chicken Stir fry
- Vegetarian Lo Mein
- Thai Vermicelli Salad
- Black Bean Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Chinese eggs and tomatoes
- Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry Recipe
- Black Pepper Shrimp
- Creamy Peanut Butter Noodles
- Asian Chicken Drumsticks
- Honey Lime Chicken Stir fry
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Beef Pepper Ramen
- Egg fried Rice
- Vegetable Egg Drop Soup
- Vegetable chow mein noodles
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! You can leave a 5 star review in the comments below! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 1684mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 8gSugar: 9gProtein: 31g
Recipe updated: January 8, 2019