1 tbsp Sesame oil
2 Chicken Breasts
6 Celery Sticks
1 tbsp Fresh Ginger Root
3 tbsp Chicken Stock (low sodium)
3 tbsp Cornstarch
3 tbsp Low Sodium Soy sauce
2 tbsp Rice vinegar
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Red chili powder
Salt to taste
This Ginger Chicken Stir Fry goes great alongside a warm bowl of Jasmine rice and can be made in less than 20 minutes ? can’t get any better than that.
This recipe calls for a fair amount of celery, and is gluten free. However you can add other fresh vegetables if you prefer. Such as diced carrots, snow peas, broccoli etc. I have tried many different vegetable varieties and really am fond of using just celery for this dish. While my partner much prefers it with red and green peppers, to each their own.
Also it’s very important to use fresh ginger, the fresher the better. If you do not have that on hand you can use powdered however it’s just not as good.
Also you can use a wok or large frying pan to make this, besides that there really is no special technique to this dish. You are just simply making the sauce, prepare the vegetables and chicken and you’re good to go.
Healthy and easy chinese food can be made at home any night of the week. So get out your chopsticks prepare some rice on the side and enjoy fresh homemade chinese at home 🙂
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 6 Celery Sticks
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger Root
- 3 tbsp Chicken Stock low sodium
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 tbsp Low Sodium Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Start by dicing up the chicken into bite sized pieces, then in a large wok or pan heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil over medium heat, then stir fry till cooked, remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the same wok add the "diced celery" then in a small bowl mix the cornstarch with the chicken stock till blended pour over the celery then add in the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Simmer on low heat till it thickens and the celery becomes somewhat tender.
- Add back in the cooked chicken and fresh ginger. Saute all together for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, with rice if desired. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER