3 cups One Day Old "Cooked Rice"
2 tbsp Vegetable oil (for frying)
2 cups Frozen mixed vegetables, corn, peas, carrots and green beans.
1 tbsp Sesame oil
2 large Eggs
2 tbsp Medium Soya sauce
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 tbsp Minced Red Chili Paste
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion powder
Skip the takeout this weekend and try my homemade “Chinese egg fried rice with vegetables” instead. Made with eggs and a few frozen vegetables that make it very special. Oh and it’s a bit spicy too because this recipe utilizes some red chili paste.
The trick to making GOOD chinese fried rice is to cook the rice the day prior, I like to cook my rice always in a “rice cooker” it cooks it just perfectly every time. Then I will remove it from the rice cooker and leave it uncovered for 24 hours on the shelf. In which I will use for the next day, to make this recipe.
Leaving it on the shelf for 24 hours allows it to dry out enough to make the most perfect fried rice. Then when your ready to make the rice you will simply add the cooking oil to the pan and then dump the rice out frying it till it reaches the level of cripsyness you desire.
Once it has you then can remove the rice, add then place 1 tbsp of sesame oil back into the pan along with the eggs to scramble. Once the eggs have scrambled, add back in the rice and mix well.
Add in the seasonings and saute all together on medium to low heat for another 5 minutes and serve. That’s it, chinese egg fried rice is ready to enjoy!
Feel free to saute some chicken, shrimp or beef on the side and mix that in if desired.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review/picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Chinese egg fried rice with vegetables
- 3 cups One Day Old "Cooked Rice"
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cups Frozen mixed vegetables corn, peas, carrots and green beans.
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Medium Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Minced Red Chili Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy and oyster sauce and set aside.
- In a large, nonstick skillet add the cooking oil and the day old rice, saute for a few minutes till the rice is fully heated and a bit crispy. Then remove the rice and set aside.
- Then in the same pan add 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 2 beaten eggs. Scramble them and chop them up finely with a spatula while cooking. Remove the eggs and set aside.
- Now add in the mixed vegetables along with all the seasonings, add back in the rice and eggs.
- Fry everything together for about 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER