You can skip the takeout tonight and make this Beef Ramen recipe noodle stir fry instead. It is super easy to make as it uses instant noodles and sliced beef, green onions and peppers.
This dish can be ready in less than 20 minutes, easy and delicious!
This dish is made with flank steak, red bell peppers, green onions.
Along with Ichiban ramen noodles that are simmered in a garlic, ginger sauce that you’re sure to enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE this Beef Ramen recipe
- My recipe calls for allot less oil than most recipes out there, you really don’t need a lot anyway.
- That is unless you want super crispy beef? I find the tender beef to be best for this recipe.
- Also you can use plain ramen noodles instead of the Ichiban variety. However if you do then you will want to use beef stock in replace of the water along with 1 tbsp of soya sauce.
- That is because I mix the pre packaged ichiban seasoning with 2 cups of water for this recipe.
Your method to preparing this is totally up to you!!
The kind I used – feel free to use plain ramen noodles and omit the water for beef stock.
I have always loved ramen noodles, I have tried almost every kind. My favorite is ichiban and that is why I used them in this recipe.
However if your trying to limit your salt intake then you can substitute the seasoning that comes in that ramen package and use beef stock instead.
Whichever method you choose you still can have dinner on the table tonight in under 30 minutes time. It doesn’t get any easier or tastier than this for beef ramen noodles.
The origins of ramen noodles originated from Japan however the chinese are the ones who brought it over in the mid 1800’s making this recipe more chinese.
It’s absolutely delicious!
If you end up giving it a try I would love to hear what you think of it in the comments below.
This super satisfying recipe is sure to hit the spot tonight!
You can always skip the chicken and make this a vegan dish. I hope you give it a try, Bon Appetit!
Note: Want a spicer Beef stir fry? Simply add in more “Red Pepper Flakes”
MEAL PREP IDEA: Make enough to create a few meal preps bowls for the week ahead!
This recipe feeds four, so if your wanting more? Simply adjust the recipe above with my simple recipe adjuster.
If you liked this recipe? Then you will want to try my other ASIAN inspired recipes below!
- Black Bean Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Black Pepper Shrimp
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Egg fried Rice
- Black Pepper Chicken
- Vegetable Egg Drop Soup
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can give a 5 star rating below if would make it again. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 1/2 lbs Flank Steak
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 2 cups Cold water
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 200 grams Ramen noodles with seasoning , or beef stock
- 1 tsp Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger Root
- Green Onions
- Large Red Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Start by slicing the flank steak across the grain and place in a medium sized bowl. Add in 2 tbsp of cornstarch and stir to combine. Allow this to sit on the counter for 15 minutes.
- Then in a large pot add the cooking oil and once it has heated add in the beef, stir fry till the beef has just browned then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add in the sliced red pepper and saute 2 minutes before adding in the minced garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Saute for one more minute till the garlic is fragrant before adding in the water/seasoning mix from the ichiban noodles along with the chopped green onions.
- Add in the ramen noodles and simmer on a medium heat on each side of the noodles for 1 minute each.
- Once they have become tender add in 1 tbsp of sesame oil and toss back in the cooked beef. Simmer on medium heat till the sauce has thickened up and the noodles are fully cooked.
- Top with fresh green onions if desired and enjoy!
Note: If you are not wanting to use the Ichiban seasoning replace the water with Beef Stock and 1 tsp of soya sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 657Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 613mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 66g