If you liked my recipe for Black Bean and Beef stir fry then you are sure to love this recipe too.
Skip the take out, this tasty dish can be served in under 30 minutes.
Made with red and green peppers, onions and chicken and then is tossed in a tasty black bean sauce.
The only difference here is how we marinate the meat, first the chicken is marinated in a water and cornstarch mixture then fried in oil over medium heat just enough to cook it.
Then removing it from the wok/pan to saute the vegetables in a black bean sauce mixture for a while.
Just before adding back together with the cooked chicken saute all together for a few minutes before serving. Pretty easy eh?
This delicious and authentic stir fry takes less than 30 minutes to make too, so what are you waiting for.
Follow along for a mouthwatering dinner that everyone is sure to love.
You will want to start by cooking your rice, and then marinating your chicken.
Because the rest takes less than 15 minutes.
I like to use a mini rice cooker, just set it and forget it.
Then simply chop up all the vegetables and cook according to the instructions below.
The fantastic flavors of garlic and black bean sauce gives this dish it’s amazing flavor, and the cornstarch helps to thicken it up just right.
Even though there is garlic already in the black bean sauce, it is still nice to add 2 more cloves.
You will hardly notice it since the balance of the other flavors mellows it out nicely, so don’t be afraid to add more garlic.
This is my favorite Black Bean Sauce!
I don’t know about you but this vegetable mixture is perfect, however you can add mushrooms, broccoli or snow peas if you like too!
If you liked this recipe? Then you will want to try my other ASIAN inspired recipes below!
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Black Bean Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Black Bean Pork Vegetables Stir fry
- Black Pepper Shrimp
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Beef Pepper Ramen
- Egg fried Rice
- Black Pepper Chicken
- Vegetable Egg Drop Soup
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 3 Green Onions
- 2 cloves crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock, low sodium
- 2 tbsp Black Bean Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Medium Soya sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a bowl add the chopped chicken breasts, 2 tbsp of chicken stock and 2 tbsp of cornstarch mix to combine and allow it to marinade for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- While your Chicken is marinating, cut up your green and red pepper into slices and do the same with the onion and green onion. Then crush the garlic and chop the ginger, set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil and saute the chicken till no longer pink but do not cook fully yet and set aside.
- In the same pan add 1 more tbsp of oil your sliced vegetables and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add in the ginger and garlic and saute another few minutes till fragrant.
- In a small bowl mix all the sauce ingredients together, and then add it to the pan with the vegetables.
- Then add back in the cooked chicken *optional (black pepper) and simmer everything together on low heat, turning often for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens up and vegetables are crisp tender. Serve with rice, enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 30g