1 tbsp Sesame oil
2 Boneless chicken breastsdiced
2 tbsp Sesame seeds
2 cups Mixed frozen asian vegetables
5 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
1 tsp Soya sauce
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Corn Starch
2 tbsp Chicken Stock
Salt to taste
Here is one of my favorite recipes for “Honey Lime Chicken Stir Fry” it goes great alongside a warm bowl of Jasmine rice ?
This quick and easy chinese inspired takeout recipe can be enjoyed in less than 30 minutes. The chicken and vegetables are coated in a sweet and savory honey sauce that your family is sure to enjoy!
I like to use a frozen vegetable mixture on those days where I am pressed for time.
So for this recipe, I have used one of my favorite frozen “asian vegetable mixes” which has broccoli, carrots, green beans, water crescents in it. However you can use whatever vegetables you like. Fresh or frozen will work, just make sure that if your using frozen to defrost them prior to cooking.
If you end up giving this recipe a try, do let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear how you liked it ?
Inspired by: https://rasamalaysia.com/honey-lime-chicken/
Note: Feel free to squeeze a little bit more lime juice over the dish at the end.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 cups Mixed frozen asian vegetables
- 5 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- Salt to taste
- Start by marinating the chicken, dice up the chicken into bite sized pieces and then place in a bowl along with the lime juice. Marinade in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes, the lime really helps to flavor the chicken, so do not skip this step.
- Then in a large wok or pan heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil over medium heat, then add in the diced chicken. Stir fry till cooked, remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the same wok add the "vegetables" minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- In two seperate bowls, make the sauce by starting to mix the honey with 1 tbsp of lime juice then add the remaining ingredients. Next in the other bowl mix the cornstarch mixture with the chicken stock till blended.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the walk, pouring in the corn starch/stock mixture. Allow the stock to thicken up before adding in the "sauce" mixture. Along with the sesame seeds.
- Simmer everything all together on medium to low heat for another 10 minutes then serve.
- Serve immediately, with rice if desired. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER