These Vegetable Chow Mein Noodles are ready in less than 25 minutes, I kid you not!
Made with crispy broccoli and melt in your mouth cabbage, your gonna to love it!
Trust me, you won’t miss the meat with this one. It’s so satisfying, you’ll be craving the crispy broccoli and cabbage more than anything else.
Once you learn to make this simple chow mein dish, you will be making it more often Guaranteed!
It’s my go to vegetarian dish, I just love this Broccoli CHOW MEIN!
I’m the type of lady that has to try every chow mein dish whenever we go to the chinese restaurants. I do this to compare really, just kidding.
Well kinda, I mean some restaurants do it right and others so wrong. Right? It’s not always easy to find a good chow mein these days.
But with my recipe it’s foolproof, if you follow it to a tea you will be in Chow Mein Heaven!
So please skip the takeout tonight and learn to make this iconic dish in the comfort of your own home. Impress yourself, I know you can do it!
The brand I like to use can be seen below, it is very low in sodium!
The broccoli is tossed together in the most delicious asian inspired sauce. And the chow mein noodles are fried just a bit to give it the perfect amount of cripsyness.
I use a combination of olive oil and sesame oil to fry my noodles, however you can use regular cooking oil if desired. That is what most restaurants use anyway, then a dash of sesame oil just for flavor.
The hardest part about making homemade chow mein is “chopping those vegetables”. Once you have that part done, the rest comes together in a snap.
Actually being that this is a Vegetarian dish, it can be pulled together in less than 20 minutes.
I have experimented with a few chow mein recipes over the years and promise you your going to love this one.
Chow Mein is one of my favorite asian dishes, I will order it everytime I go to my favorite asian restaurant and I will also order it when I try new asian restaurants.
Some restaurants make their chow mein better than others, typically it has allot to do with the type of ingredients that are added to the noodles.
If you liked this dish, then stay tuned to this blog as I will be sharing my all time favorite recipe for seafood chow mein very soon, which contains fresh calamari and shrimp.
If you liked this recipe? Then you will want to try my other ASIAN inspired recipes below!
- Black Bean Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Black Pepper Shrimp
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Beef Pepper Ramen
- Egg fried Rice
- Vegetable Egg Drop Soup
Notes: This recipe can also be made with just about any meat such as chinese pork, beef or shrimp. Plus, if you like a little more heat to your dish then feel free to add more red pepper chili flakes or some fresh chili paste. You know make it your own 🙂
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- 400 grams Instant Chow Mein Noodles
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil or (Olive Oil)
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 cups Cabbage
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 3 cups Broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp Medium Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 cup of Water
- 2 tbsp CornStarch
- 1 tsp Red Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger
- Start by cooking the noodles, to do that add them to a large pot of boiling water. Cook according to package instructions, with dry noodles it's typically 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile add all your sauce ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Once the noodles have cooked remove them from the water, strain and set aside.
- Now is the time to make those noodles a bit crispy. Simply add 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a large frying pan along with the olive or cooking oil and saute those cooked noodles on each side till slightly crispy and browned to your liking.
- Remove and plate.
- On a large chopping board, chop the broccoli into bite size pieces along with the cabbage.
- Add it to the pan along with the water and sauce, simmer on medium heat for roughly 5 minutes, tossing often until the vegetables are crispy yet tender.
- Serve over the noodles hot and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lodge 14 Inch Cast Iron Wok. Pre-Seasoned Wok with Flattened Bottom for Asian Stir Fry and Sautees
HOT TARGET Set of 3-7, 9, 12 Inch, Heavy Duty, Non- Stick, Stainless Steel Silicone BBQ/Kitchen Tongs (Can also be used as BBQ Turners), (Pack of 3, Multi color)
Goldage 5-Pairs Fiberglass Dishwasher-safe Chopsticks (Japanese Minimalism - Floating Flowers)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 800Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 1694mgCarbohydrates: 99gFiber: 11gSugar: 15gProtein: 13g