I just love Singapore noodles because they are simple to make plus super inexpensive and tasty.
Plus they can be on the table in under 15 minutes! So forget the takeout tonight and make these delicious noodles at home.
I used to order this often from my local chinese restaurant, now I make it myself.
Singapore noodles are made with vermicelli rice noodles and bunch of seasonings such as curry powder and some other popular asian ingredients.
I tried Singapore noodles for the first time a few years back and have been addicted ever since. Some are made with shrimp, chicken or chinese style pork, while others are vegetarian.
I made mine with eggs today which work fantastic too.
Spice it up by adding in 1 tbsp of red chili paste, however you can omit that if you prefer a less spicer dish.
Despite its name, Singapore noodles are not solely from Singapore! Confusing eh?
Well not really, since Singapore is known to be the hub of many cultures.
Many of their dishes today have been influenced by many different types of foreigners over the centuries.
And so today you can find many different types of dishes eaten in Singapore.
These noodles however are well known worldwide, and are eaten by all types of people.
You will want to start by scrambling the eggs first and then soaking the vermicelli noodles after.
Preparing the vegetables ahead of time is a good idea, I used carrots so I just jullent them.
Feel like adding chicken, pork or shrimp, go ahead it’s amazing too!
The varieties of vermicelli rice noodles are endless, so choose your favorite brand and let’s get to cooking this delicious recipe!
You may want to add more soya sauce near the end, stir everything together well and taste before adjusting the flavor.
Looking for some added heat? Simply add in more of the minced chili paste on top as seen in the picture.
If you liked this recipe? Then you will want to try my other ASIAN inspired recipes below!
Such as my VERY POPULAR Spicy Chicken Ramen Recipe!
- Black Bean Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Black Pepper Shrimp
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Beef Pepper Ramen
- Egg fried Rice
- Vegetable Egg Drop Soup
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! You can leave a 5 star review in the comments below! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- Rice vermicelli noodles 1, 8-ounce package
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 tbsp Green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Medium Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Minced Red Chili Paste
- Place the vermicelli rice noodles in a large pot and cover with hot water, then let is soak for 10 minutes till soft. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Wash your carrots and green onions and then julienne the carrots carefully with a knife and chop the onions then set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of curry, chopped onion, ginger, garlic sauteing for another 3 minutes all together.
- Remove everything from heat and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs then set aside.
- Add the julienned carrots into the pan/wok and add the shaoxing wine, minced red chili paste, 1 tbsp the remaining curry, and stir fry till all the vegetables are soft yet crispy.
- Toss back in the strained noodles and add in the soya sauce, oyster sauce and saute for 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 573mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g