2 tbsp Sesame oil
6 large Eggs
5 Roma tomatoeschopped
2 tbsp Fresh chopped parsley
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Sugar
This one pan Chinese Eggs and Tomatoes are served for breakfast and dinner in most asian homes.
It is not only super simple to make it is also inexpensive and a healthy meal option. You can also find this popular dish on the menu at almost every chinese restaurants.
We have ordered it a few times, however once you learn to make it at home you can save yourself a lot of money.
Your sure to love this breakfast and probably will make it time and time again. Keep in mind you can make this more watery than I did, some restaurants will do that so you can enjoy it alongside a bowl of rice.
However if that is your plan, be sure to use a watery tomato such as beefsteak. Rather than the Roma that I have used in my recipe.
It is not only easy to make it’s also will give you the right amount of fuel to tackle the day. To prepare this dish you will simply want to start by dicing your tomatoes. Then breaking the eggs into a shallow dish to whisk into submission.
Once that is done you can heat the sesame oil up in a the pan or wok and stir fry the eggs, the bugger the egg pieces the better so do not break them up to much,
Next you will add in the tomatoes along with the salt and sugar and saute all together before serving.
Breakfast or Dinner, totally up to you!
Did you try this? I would love to hear about your favorite breakfast memories in the comments below. Till next time friends, see you in the kitchen 🙂
Looking for another GREAT Breakfast recipe? Check out my Black forest ham hash browns with eggs. It’s a popular one on this blog!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, I appreciate every single one of you! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 6 large Eggs
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- On a medium sized chopping board, dice the tomatoes.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a wok or pan, heat the sesame oil and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Gently fold over the eggs, until cooked. Do not break them up into small pieces, you want more of a thicker egg.
- Once the eggs have become firm and near cooked. Push them to the side of the wok or pan and add in the diced tomatoes.
- Season with salt and saute for 2 minutes before adding in the sugar to the tomatoes.
- Saute for another 2 minutes before mixing altogether.
- Serve and top with fresh parsley if desired, enjoy!