1 tbsp Cooking oil
15 Mini Potatoessliced and diced
5 slices Black Forest Ham
1 medium Onion
2 tbsp Butter
2 Large eggs
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion powder
Salt and pepper (to taste)
These sunny side eggs are served warm over a plate of Black Forest Ham Hash Browns. I grew up eating bacon and eggs along with homemade hash browns. My mom used to make it all from scratch every Saturday morning.
I remember her singing to me “Wakey wakey eggs and bacy”. It always made me feel so happy hearing her sing that because I knew it was the weekend and that we were going to have a good day spending quality time together as a family.
I always felt so much love from my mom’s cooking because she really put a lot of effort into preparing a good hearty meal for us whenever she could. And it’s something I will fondly remember about my childhood.
My favorite way to eat eggs for breakfast are sunny side up and then lightly based. So when you serve them like this over these homemade Black Forest Ham Hash Browns you will be in breakfast heaven!
This breakfast takes me back to my childhood every time and sometimes I will make this for dinner too. Oh how some foods can do that to us eh 🙂
To prepare them this way you will want to start by using your best non stick frying pan. Then you will simply turn up the heat to medium and will add 1 tsp of cooking oil to the pan to cook the hash browns, onions and ham.
I like to use mini potatoes for these hashbrowns because I will leave the skin on the potatoes. They really give this dish that extra special flavor so if you can’t get your hands on the mini ones then try to find ones with an edible skin.
Once the hash browns have been cooked remove them to a warm plate and prepare the eggs. The eggs cook fast so keep and eye on them for sure.
Once you crack each egg into the hot pan, cover them with a lid and within 2-3 minutes the white part will set and then you can remove them from the pan with a large spatula or slide them out directly onto the top of the cooked hash browns. Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Looking for another GREAT breakfast recipe? Try my Sweet potato ham hash with-eggs. It’s another favorite of mine!
Did you grow up enjoying Bacon and eggs too? I would love to hear about your favorite breakfast memories in the comments below. Till next time friends, see you in the kitchen 🙂
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, I appreciate every single one of you! If you made this recipe i’d love to hear how it turned out! You can post a review/picture below or via Instagram and let me know. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 15 Mini Potatoes
- 5 slices Black Forest Ham
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lets prepare the hash browns, start by washing and dicing the potatoes into tiny pieces.
- Then chop the onion into tiny pieces and do the same with the pre cooked Black Forest Ham.
- In a non stick skillet add 1 tbsp of oil and once it's hot add in the cubed potatoes, chopped onions and chopped black forest ham. Then add in 2 tbsp of butter and season with all the seasonings.
- Saute till the potatoes are lightly browned and tender then remove and set aside on a warm plate.
- In the same non stick pan, add 1 tsp of oil and crack two eggs into the pan. Once you crack each egg into the hot pan, cover them with a lid and within 2-3 minutes the white part will set and then you can remove them from the pan with a large spatula or slide them out directly onto the top of the cooked hash browns. Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER