These Air Fryer Asian Chicken Drumsticks are sweet and sticky and are cooked to perfection in the air fryer.
WHAT IS AIR FRYING?
Air frying is a healthy alternative to deep frying food. And most air fryers have been marketed in a way to make you think that this cooking technique is best for those who make a lot of those at home.
Well I am here to tell you that you do not need to just be a deep fried food lover to want to use this cooking method. RATHER if you love to bake food, then this is also a great alternative. And in most cases is much healthier than traditional baking methods.
Because air frying mimics deep fried foods but uses little to no oil. And if your cooking something fatty, the fat will drip away and off the food.
So you can enjoy all the same deep – fried or baked foods that we have all come to know and love again but in a healthy way.
The air hot air is what cooks the food not the oil. If you have some frozen foods on hand, feel free to throw out any deep fryer you may have because the air fryer can now do the same job.
But it is not only frozen food that can be cooked this way, pretty much any food you can think of can.
If you like sweet and savory asian inspired chicken flavors, then you’re sure to want to add this recipe to your cookbook collection.
I’m super excited to share my first Air Fryer recipe with you all today. I have been on the fence for the past year about buying an air fryer.
Mainly because I do not eat a lot of deep fried foods and also because I could not fathom spending $200 plus for ONE. Air fryers promise that you can get that deep fried texture without all the grease.
So recently when I came across the Gotham air fryer, that does the exact same thing as an air fryer.
And knew that I had to try it! So I’m now starting a Air Fryer collection of recipes on this blog because I have fallen in love with this NEW kitchen tool.
CAN I USE ANY KIND OF AIR FRYER?
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN IN THE AIR FRYER?
- If your using a Kitchen Top Air Fryer, follow your Air fryers cooking instructions for chicken drumsticks.
- Then coat the Chicken in Olive Oil vs Cooking Oil = 3 tbsp per 6 legs is enough.
- Marinated the chicken for 30 minutes before air frying.
- Place the Chicken in or on the Air Fryer and allow it to do the Cooking.
- The Chicken will be ready in 30 minutes!
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN ON THE GOTHAM STEEL AIR FRYER?
- If your using the Gotham Steel Crisper I would advise to turn your oven to Conventional bake, which will make the chicken extra crispy. Otherwise if your oven does not have that setting you can simply place the crisper on the middle rack, which works well too.
- Follow the same instructions above.
If you have a table top Air Fryer all these recipes will work the same. Because Air Fryers all use the same type of cooking techniques.
IS AIR FRYER CHICKEN HEALTHY?
Yes, in comparison to other methods of cooking chicken it is. If you have never used an air fryer, now is the time. They are more affordable now than ever. Plus they are also a much healthier way to cook food, since the fat drains away and it is never deep fried.
Some people think that an Air Fryer is mostly for people who eat a lot of fried food. I admit I once was apart of that group, however I soon realised that if you like to bake foods too. Like I do, then the air fryer really cuts out a lot of the unnecessary fat.
Think of it, how do you typically bake chicken drumsticks or legs? If you are anything like me. You would place it on a pan in the oven and sometimes use a baking sheet to catch the grease. However with the air fryer it elevates the food and allows all that (FAT) to drip away.
Plus if you use the Gotham Air Fryer it is super simple to clean, I am talking hard sticky food at the bottom of the tray slides right off. No scrubbing at all is needed, it could not be more simpular guys.
Another reason I like the Gotham Air Fryer is because it cooks more food than the typical table top Air Fryers. Because it has a lot of space on that tray !
IS AIR FRYER CHICKEN KETO?
Wanting some more AWESOME Air Fryer recipes?
Stay tuned to this blog for more “Air Fryer“ inspired recipes to come!
Whole chicken cut into separate pieces
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1 tsp of Cornstarch
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
1 tbsp Seasoning salt
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
½ tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tbsp of Garlic powder
1 tbsp Onion powder
4 tsp of fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients and blend till smooth.
- Rinse the whole chicken and place onto a cutting board.
- Using a large bucher or cutting knife , cut the chicken wings off then the legs and then remove the breasts. *feel free to keep the carcass for a soup base for later.
- Place the chopped chicken pieces into a large bowl of butter milk, stir to combine and place in the fridge covered to marinade anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together all your seasonings along with the panko bread crumbs and then toss in your chicken to coat.
- Place into the air fryer and drizzle with some olive oil and fry anywhere from 30 to 35 minutes!
- Serve and season with fresh chopped parsley, Enjoy!
Save the chicken carcass for a soup stock.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 697Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 3273mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 64g
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ★