This is the Best Mongolian Chicken Recipe you will ever make.
So you can forget the takeout tonight, because this recipe is a sure winner.
Once you learn to make this simple dish at home, you will be making it more often Guaranteed!
And get this you can have it served hot in less than 20 MINUTES!
Not a fan of mushrooms? Simply use another vegetable such as broccoli, carrots or more green onions for this dish.
Make it your own, sometimes I will skip the mushrooms myself. Either way, be sure to also head over to my “Skip the takeout“ page on this blog .
There is where you will find more delicious takeout inspired recipes.
This is just another asian dish that is often prepared in my kitchen. I just know that your going to love it!
WHAT’S MONGOLIAN CHICKEN
Mongolian chicken is made the same way Mongolian beef is. The sauce is the same and both meats are coated in cornstarch prior to frying. It is not a spicy dish at all, rather sweet and savory.
IS MONGOLIAN CHICKEN HEALTHY
It is a healthy dish, however does have some sugar in it. So you can add less if your on a low sugar diet. Other than that their is clean chicken protein and vegetables that make this dish pretty healthy.
WHAT DOES MONGOLIAN CHICKEN TASTE LIKE
It tastes just like those in the restaurants, however it can be really tweaked to your personal liking.
Sweet and Savory with tender bites of chicken that goes best served over rice.
HOW TO MAKE MONGOLIAN CHICKEN
The Chicken is diced/sliced into bite sized pieces, then is coated in corn starch.
Before being lightly fried in some cooking oil till browned. Once it has browned, you can saute the mushrooms till browned before making the sauce.
One the sauce has been made you will want to add back in the sauteed chicken and mushrooms along with the fresh green onion to toss before serving.
HOW TO MAKE MONGOLIAN CHICKEN SAUCE
The sauce is made up of ginger, garlic, soya sauce, chicken stock, brown sugar, sesame oil and pepper.
Mongolian Chicken is one of my partners favorite dishes. And requests this dish often in our home!
Your sure to like it if you love chinese food.
So when I find a restaurant that does it well, I definitely will leave them a good review on
IS MONGOLIAN CHICKEN GLUTEN FREE
No, because it calls for soya sauce. However you can always look for a gluten free variety.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MONGOLIAN CHICKEN
Basmati rice goes really well alongside this dish.
If you liked this recipe? Then you will want to try my other ASIAN inspired recipes below!
- Easy Green Thai Curry
- Black Bean Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Kung Pao Chicken with Brussel Sprouts
- Black Pepper Shrimp
- Best Thai Red Curry
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Beef Pepper Ramen
- Egg fried Rice
- Vegetable Egg Drop Soup
Notes: This recipe can also be made with just about any meat such as chinese pork, beef or shrimp. Plus, if you like a little more heat to your dish then feel free to add some red pepper chili flakes or some fresh chili paste.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 4 tbsp of Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of soya sauce
- 3 tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp of Sesame oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- pinch of salt
- Start by making the sauce. Add brown sugar, sesame oil, chicken stock, soya sauce. Then whisk and set aside!
- Then slice the chicken into bite size pieces and coat with 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Add the cooking oil to the pan and bring to a high heat, turn down to medium-low and add in the chicken. Fry the chicken till it has browned, remove and set aside.
- Remove the excess oil from the pan and saute the mushrooms till browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add in the ginger/garlic paste and saute for 1 minute before adding in the sauce and remaining 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Bring to medium heat and add in the chicken and mushrooms.
- Saute all together for 3 minutes adding in the green onions and seasoning with salt and pepper!
- Serve hot over rice if desired.
Coat the chicken in a ziplock bag or a bowl.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 991Total Fat: 72gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 61gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 48g