This Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry Recipe is an inexpensive and healthy meal that can feed a family of four in less than 30 minutes.
Don’t have four people in your home, simply save it for the next day. Two dinners in one, what can be better than that.
Whenever I make this I try to save some for the next day, because it makes such great leftovers.
Wouldn’t you want this two days in a row? or how about making a few meal preps for the work week?
This dish has caramelized onions, red peppers and cabbage. And is simmered in chicken stock along with some tasty seasonings and fresh chicken breasts.
Want to spice it up more, simply add more Jalapeno peppers than the recipe calls for. I just added a few to appeal to the taste of many of my readers, most times I add more myself.
I love cooking with cabbage, it is full of fiber and really tastes good sauteed.
Plus it keeps in the fridge real long, longer than any vegetable I have know.
Looking for more TASTY Cabbage Recipes?
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/ head Green Cabbage
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Orange Pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp of Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of soya sauce
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet add 1 tbsp of butter then add the diced chicken breasts once browned remove from the heat then add in the chopped cabbage and onion.
- Saute till soft then turn down the heat and add the minced garlic and saute one minute before adding in the chopped orange pepper.
- Toss back in the cooked chicken, chicken stock, oyster and soya sauce and saute on low - medium heat all together for 15 minutes, string often.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 9gSugar: 16gProtein: 32g