These Vegetarian lo mein noodles are made in a delicious vegetable stock and are simple and inexpensive to make. Plus they can be on the table in under 20 minutes, easy enough eh!
Made with a bunch of vegetables such as baby bok choy, carrots, purple cabbage and lo mein noodles. And is flavored with vegetable stock, soya sauce and sesame seeds.
You can always add shrimp to this soup, beef, tofu etc. And if you want to spice it up some, simply add a little red chili paste.
You will want to start by chopping all your vegetables up first, this is the hardest part really.
Preparing the vegetables ahead of time is a good idea as well, then you could have this soup fresh in under 10 minutes.
Feel like adding chicken, pork or shrimp, go ahead it’s your soup!
The varieties of lo mein noodles are endless, so it’s good to experiment with the different brands to find your favorite.
This recipe proves that you don’t have to put a lot of effort into making a good dish. I just know your going to love it as much as we do!
You may want to add more soya sauce near the end, stir everything together well and taste before adjusting the flavor.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 4 oz Lo mein noodles
- 5 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 cup Purple cabbage
- 1 cup baby bok choy
- 1 Carrot
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- Start by chopping the purple cabbage, peeling and cubing the carrot, and washing and separating the baby bok choy. Then mince the garlic and ginger and set aside.
- In a medium stock pot add 1 tsp of sesame oil and saute the ginger and garlic for less than a minute before adding in the vegetable stock.
- Then in a medium pot bring 4 1/2 cups of vegetable stock to a boil and drop in half a package of lo mein noodles or 4 oz.
- Then drop in the chopped cabbage, carrots and bok choy and simmer on medium heat till wilted and tender about 3 minutes.
- Add in the soya sauce and oyster sauce, stir all together and simmer one more minute. Serve hot. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER