This Black Bean and Beef Vegetable Stir Fry is one of my favorite asian dishes, next to chow mein.
If you love chow mein too and want to serve that alongside this dish. Then that recipe will be listed below!
I used to order this dish every time from our local chinese restaurant,
Now I make it myself and save myself a ton of money doing so.
Plus I like to add more peppers than most restaurants add, making it all the more better.
This delicious and authentic stir fry takes less than 30 minutes to make too, so what are you waiting for.
Follow along for a mouthwatering dinner that everyone is sure to love.
This dish can be made with shrimp or chicken too which is also amazing. I had to do this dish right, so I tried it a couple dozen recipes from many sources to come up with my favorite version.
It has all the flavors you have come to know and love in a black bean sauce, and goes great served over rice.
Start by cooking your rice, because the rest takes less than 15 minutes. I like to use a mini rice cooker, just set it and forget it.
Then you will want to start with chopping the vegetables first, then setting them aside. Cut your steak into slices and place in a large frying pan or wok, sauteing till the beef is no longer pink.
I don’t know about you but this vegetable mixture is perfect, some people like to add snow peas, and other veggies but that is not very authentic if you ask me. This is one of my favorite dishes and healthy too!
The fantastic flavors of garlic and black bean sauce gives this dish it’s amazing flavor, and the cornstarch helps to thicken it up just right. Even though there is garlic already in the black bean sauce, it is still nice to add 2 more cloves.
You will hardly notice it since the balance of the other flavors mellows it out nicely, so don’t be afraid to add more garlic.
I hope you give it a try. There really isn’t much too it!
This healthy meal is sure to impress even the pickiest of eaters, serve alongside a big bowl of jasmine rice.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
If you liked this recipe? Then you will want to try my other ASIAN inspired recipes below!
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Best Mongolian Chicken Recipe
- Chinese Mushroom Fried Rice
- Mushroom Chow Mein
- Spicy Chicken Ramen Recipe
- Thai Green Curry Noodles
- Vegetable Egg Drop Soup
- Vegetable chow mein noodles
- Chicken Stir fry
- Vegetarian Lo Mein
- Thai Vermicelli Salad
- Black Bean Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Chinese eggs and tomatoes
- Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry Recipe
- Black Pepper Shrimp
- Creamy Peanut Butter Noodles
- Asian Chicken Drumsticks
- Honey Lime Chicken Stir fry
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Beef Pepper Ramen
- Egg fried Rice
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 500 grams Beef inside round steak
- 1 large sliced Red Pepper
- 1 large sliced Green Pepper
- 1 large sliced Onion
- 3 Green Onions
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger Root
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock, low sodium
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Rice Wine
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Black Bean Sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- In a bowl add the soya sauce, rice wine, salt and pepper and mix till combined and set aside.
- Slice up your beef and place in the soya sauce bowl mixture and mix till combine, let it marinade for 10 minutes.
- While your beef is marinating, cut up your green and red pepper into slices and do the same with the onion.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil and saute the sliced beef till no longer pink but do not cook fully yet remove and set aside.
- In the same pan add in your sliced vegetables and saute for 2 minutes. Then add in the ginger and garlic and saute another few minutes till fragrant.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with water, and then add it to the pan. Add in the Black bean sauce, Shaoxing wine, Oyster sauce and simmer on low heat, turning often for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens up.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart C55-12PCKSAM 12 Piece Color Knife Set with Blade Guards (6 knives and 6 knife covers), Jewel - Amazon Exclusive
Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
Craft Wok Tracuttinditional Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Pow Wok with Wooden and Steel Helper Handle (14 Inch, Round Bottom) / 731W88
Carbon Steel Wok For Electric, Induction and Gas Stoves (Lid, Spatula and Seasoning Video Guide Included)