These Jalapeno Cheese Burgers are made with fresh Jalapeno Cheese, Organic Hamburger, panko bread crumb an egg and then seasoned to perfection.
Be sure to top each burger with some sauteed onions and fresh mustard to give it that extra kick.
You can’t go wrong with these burgers, really they are super tasty and not like any type of burger that you can order in the restaurants. Well that I have seen anyway…
I like to cook the burgers in my cast iron skillet, however you can use an indoor or outdoor grill for this recipe as well.
I find the cast iron skillet sears the meat perfectly creating a strong burger that doesn’t fall apart as easily as they could on a grill.
The trick to making these burgers is to shred the cheese right into the meat.
Then add just the right amount of panko bread crumbs and seasonings to taste.
If you want more heat then you can also chop up an actually Jalapeno pepper and add that to the meat as well.
Personally I find the cheese gives just the right amount of that flavor and so I’m fine with it.
Optional *add 1 tsp of chopped jalapenos to the meat, for extra heat.
*Top with the condiments that you like, such as Lettuce, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Ketchup, Relish, Pickles, Raw Onions etc.
Looking for a side dish? Check out my recipes for this simple Potato Salad it’s delicious!
Want to make a bunch of extra hamburgers to freeze for another time? Simply lay out your shaped burgers on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper and freeze. After frozen solid, stack into an extra-large freezer bag and freeze till your ready to use.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 6 Crusty Buns
- 1 cup Jalapeno cheese
- 2 pds Organic Hamburger
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 2 Onions
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Shred the Jalapeno cheese and place into a large mixing bowl. Then add in the ground beef along with panko bread crumbs, egg and seasoning. Mix with your hands to combine all the ingredients together, and form with your hands six separate patties.
- Then season again with a bit more salt and pepper. Cook over medium - high heat and sear each side for about 5 minutes each.
- COOK THE ONIONS: Then slice 2 large onions and fry them in 1 tsp of butter till golden brown for about 15 minutes.
- Toast the burger buns in the oven if desired. And top with the cooked hamburgers, onions and mustard. Enjoy!
LOOKING FOR SOME SUMMER SALAD RECIPES THAT WOULD GO GREAT WITH THESE BURGERS? Check my links below.
- Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad
- Bacon Lettuce Tomato Pasta Salad
- Tabbouleh bulgur recipe
- Cheesy Pesto Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes