This Healthy Italian Tuna Pasta Salad is the perfect summer salad and is made with Zesty Italian salad dressing.
Yes I said it “Summer” and it’s official. We are finally saying goodbye to winter and hello to SUMMER 🙂
You can use just about any type of lettuce mixture for this salad, I choose a good mixture for mine as you can see and it was super delicious!
This salad can be thrown together in no time at all and is filled with 5 different types of salad mix, along with some bowtie pasta, tuna.
Then tossed in a healthy balsamic, garlic dressing that you are sure to love.
I went a little lighter on the pasta for this salad, I typically use three to four cups of pasta in my pasta salads.
However for this recipe I used two cups because I REALLY wanted to highlight this lettuce.
You can serve this for the main course or as a side dish.
Because it has two cans of tuna it can be a real filling dinner option, so do not let all the greens here fool you.
This salad can be enjoyed pretty much any time of year, but I know it will be best enjoyed on those long summer nights out on the back patio!
I can picture it now 🙂 Can’t you?
Looking for a Awesome drink recipe to serve with this salad?
Try my “Raspberry sweet tea” that is made with agave nectar or honey.
LOOKING FOR OTHER SUMMER SALAD RECIPES?
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, I appreciate every single one of you! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup Bowtie pasta
- 3 cups Organic Lettuce Mixture
- 1/2 cup of Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 x can flaked Tuna
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by boiling 4 cups of water, once the water reaches a rapid boil. Add in the bowtie pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Once cooked remove from the heat and place in a strainer under cold water till it's cooled down.
- Meanwhile, wash off your lettuce mixture and place into a large bowl.
- Open two cans of tuna and drain out the liquid before placing into the salad bowl.
- Now add the cooked and cooled bowtie pasta.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over everything and toss to coat, season generously with salt and pepper, garlic and onion powder. And toss to coat, before serving, Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 610Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 1521mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 5gSugar: 15gProtein: 34g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix