2 large Beetrootwashed and stems removed
3 cups Spinach
1/2 cup Feta Cheese
1/2 cup Walnuts
3 tbsp Warm Honey
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
3 Garlic cloves
2 tbsp Olive oil
Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
Awww Fresh Beets, is there any other vegetable like it? Once you start to learn to prepare and cook beets, you may find yourself loving everything about them. The stems and leafs are even edible so nothing goes to waste here.
The nice thing about fresh beets is the cooking process, it’s super simple. So let me show you how you too can cook and prepare beets at home.
Fresh beets is always best in this type of salad, “trust me”. What I love about beets is that they are low in fat and are a great source of nutrients, including fiber, folate and vitamin C.
Beets also contain nitrates and pigments that may help lower blood pressure. This recipe serves two for dinner and four as an appetizer, best served warm.
Also don’t forget to Peel your beets while there warm, otherwise there too hard to peel cold. Also it’s best to buy your feta cheese cubed, this way it retains its amazing flavor.
And don’t throw out the beet greens as they are packed with nutrients that can strengthen your immune system, support brain and bone health, and more.
Use them in your next stir fry or give them to your pets!
Looking for more healthy summer salad ideas? Check below for a list of more delicious recipes to inspire you.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, I appreciate every single one of you! If you made this recipe i’d love to hear how it turned out. You can post a review/picture below or via Instagram and let me know. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Beet and Feta Salad WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 2 large Beetroot
- 3 cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 3 tbsp Warm Honey
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pour your Balsamic Vinegar into a bowl the add the warmed honey, it's best to warm it in the microwave. Preferably use natural honey (most European markets sell the real stuff)
- Mix well and add a pinch of salt and pepper along with your peeled roasted garlic and smash it before putting into the dressing. Then pour over your salad.
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap 3 garlic cloves with the skin on in aluminum foil and place on the top shelve in the over while your beets are cooking. Wash and remove the beet stems and wrap them too in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven until cooked through, approximately 45 to 60 minutes. Also Toast your Walnuts during the last five minutes on the stove or in the oven. (This really brings out their flavor)
- Remove from the oven, and let it cool slightly enough so you can peel off the skin.
- Slice into 1/4-inch thick slices, and chop in quarters. Top with toasted walnuts, feta cheese and your dressing. Serve warm and enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER
UPDATED: This post was originally published on May 4, 2018, but was published on November 2, 2018