1 cup Penne Pasta
1 tbsp Szeged Chicken Rub
2 large Boneless chicken breastsshredded
1 head Romaine Lettuceshredded
1 cup Baby tomatoes
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Salt to taste
This Easy Chicken Pasta Salad is made with Chicken, Baby tomatoes & Romaine Lettuce and can be enjoyed warm or cold for dinner or lunch.
With only 3 main ingredients it’s easy to make and super healthy.
Keep in mind that if your wanting to enjoy this salad at a later time, it’s best to add the romaine lettuce when your ready to eat it. Otherwise it will wilt if left in the fridge for some time.
Also feel free to add a few cheese cubes to this salad, white cheddar would work really well here.
Tossed in a low calorie vinaigrette, you are sure make this Chicken, Tomato & Romaine Balsamic Pasta Salad time and time again.
Or if you have a favorite low calorie dressing go ahead and use that in replace of mine. But first off try mine, you may be surprised at how simple at tasty it is.
What can be easier than this salad? You will start by cooking the penne pasta till al dente then during that time you can season and cook the chicken breasts.
Shredding the chicken then throwing all together. This Salad goes well as a side dish or served as the main course.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, I appreciate every single one of you! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup Penne Pasta
- 1 tbsp Szeged Chicken Rub
- 2 large Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce
- 1 cup Baby tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- Start by brining a large pot of salted water to a boil then toss in the penne pasta. Cook according to package instructions, then strain and set aside.
- Next, add 1 tsp of cooking oil to a frying pan and sear the Szeged seasoned chicken breasts on both sides till cooked. Remove and set aside on a cutting board to cool. Once cooled, shred with a fork and set aside.
- Wash one head of lettuce and shred with a knife or shredder. Wash 1 cup of baby tomatoes and toss both veggies into a large salad bowl.
- Add in the cooked penne pasta along with the shredded chicken breasts.
- Toss with some olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette and garlic powder. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER