These Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes are super creamy and fluffy. Plus there ready in less than 15 minutes, talk about and easy side dish.
Everyone knows that mashed potatoes are a stable food around most households.
If you are making these mashed potatoes with your holiday meal, then be sure to check out my other holiday recipes below.
INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES WITH SKIN
The reason, I like to prepare my mashed potatoes this way. Because the russet potato skin has more nutrients than the potato itself.
And honestly, the instant pot cooks them so well. And is the ONLY way I will ever prepare mashed potatoes in the future.
I like to use Russet Potatoes for this recipe. Because they are fluffy and creamy all in one!
HOW TO INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES
There are a few tricks to getting your potatoes so fluffy and it starts with the potato. Russet is the type of potato that really is known to produce the fluffiest potatoes.
Then you will simply want to dice those potatoes and cover them with water to pressure cook.
Once cooked, strain the water out. Add in remaining ingredients and mashed to desired consistency!
HOW LONG INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES
As long as your adding enough water, 5 cups for this recipe. They should be ready in 8 minutes.
ARE MASHED POTATOES HEALTHY
Yes, it is a vegetables. That are low in fat on their own. So instead of adding to much butter, I like to balance these potatoes with butter, sour cream and milk.
INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES GARLIC
If you want a really creamy potato, make sure that you are pressing the garlic prior to pressuring cooking with the potatoes. This will ensure REALLY CREAMY mashed potatoes.
You can use a hand held blender or potato ricer vs a potato masher if desired.
I used a masher for this so that the recipe would be ready in the 15 minute to frame!
You can cook these potatoes on the stove top if desired as well!
Just keep in mind that the stovetop method takes a bit longer to prepare.
WANT TO SERVE THESE POTATOES WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE & TURKEY?
LOOKING FOR more Holiday recipe inspiration?
HOW ABOUT SOME OTHER SIDES AND MAIN COURSE THAT WOULD GO WELL WITH THESE POTATOES?
- Cajun Rotisserie Turkey
- Shredded Brussel Sprouts with bacon
- Honey Mustard Brussel Sprouts
- Butter Herb & Parmesan Mushrooms
- Creamy Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Carrots and Potatoes
- Turkey Pot Pies
- Instant Pot Maple Glazed Carrots
Also check out my roundup of Thanksgiving & Christmas Recipes from around the World or my 10 delicious stuffing recipes for more inspiration!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 6 large russet potatoes, diced with the skin on
- 5 cups of water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 chives, chopped to garnish
- On a large cutting board, dice the potatoes into fours. Leaving the skin on.
- Do the same for the garlic, but remove the skin and smash with a knife.
- Place the potatoes and garlic in the instant pot and cover with 5 cups of water.
- Add a pinch of salt and put the lid on and and set the valve to seal.
- Pressure cook for for 8 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, quick release the pressure from the pot if your in a hurry.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the instant pot.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, butter, milk and sour cream to the potatoes.
- Mash until smooth and fluffy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart C55-12PCKSAM 12 Piece Color Knife Set with Blade Guards (6 knives and 6 knife covers), Jewel - Amazon Exclusive
Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Grain Maker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Sous Vide, Bake, and Warmer, 6 Quart, Easy-Seal Lid, 10 Programs
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix