- Russet potatoes
- 1 package Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Cold Milk
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
These Creamy Mashed Potatoes have no lumps and are my absolute favorite way to make mashed potatoes. Plus they work as a great addition to just about any meal.
Made with just a few simple ingredients of russet potatoes, cream cheese, butter and the right seasonings and you to will have the best mashed potatoes that you and your guests won’t be able to get enough of.
This recipe here is great for serving 6-8 people, so if you have more or less to feed just use the recipe server below and the recipe will auto populate the ingredients so you don’t have too.
There are a few tricks to getting your potatoes so creamy, and step one is using the right tool for the job. Back in the day we used potato mashers, but those always left clumps in the potatoes and today they’re becoming less and less popular since people are learning that with a potato ricer you can have the creamiest mashed potatoes ever without the clumps.
Below you will find a link under my kitchen essentials where you can find an excellent potato ricer, trust me it’s a kitchen tool you will come to love. If you do not mind a few lumps in your mashed potatoes then a regular masher will do a great job as well.
Potato ricers look like the one below!
You can cook these potatoes in the slow cooker or if you like on the stove top, completely up to you. Just keep in mind that the stovetop method cooks them much quicker and is my prefered method.
Note: These can be done in your slow cooker as well, just follow steps 1-2 and place them in the slow cooker anywhere from 4-6 hours then follow steps 4-5 and you’re done. Don’t skimp on the salt it really helps to bring the flavors all together.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review/picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Creamy Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 6 Russet Potatoes
- 1 stick Butter
- 1/ package Cream Cheese
- 1/2 whole milk
- Garlic Powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add in the potatoes whole with the skin on. Making sure all the potatoes are submerged.
- Boil on medium heat till they become fork tender, remove, strain and cool down in a bath of cold water.
- Once the potatoes have cooled down, peel them with your hands running them under cool water helps.
- Place each potatoe into the potato ricer and drop into the pot, once all the potatoes have been riced. Turn up the heat to medium and add in the cream cheese, butter and milk.
- Mash with a potato masher till combined and season with all seasonings to taste. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER