1 lb Lean Hamburger
1 box Lasagna noodlesBoiled
1 (650) ml Your favorite pasta sauce
1 small yellow onion
1 cup Edam Cheese
5 cups Fresh Mozzarella cheese
500 grams Ricotta Cheese
1 tbsp Fresh Basil
1 tsp Garlic Salt
3 tbsp Italian Seasoning
5 Garlic cloves
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
3 tbsp Parsley
This Beef and Cheese Lasagna recipe reminds me of my Mother and is more of a traditional recipe for Italian lasagna, good food that lasts until next day was always something she strove for. First you will want to get your hands on some fresh basil for this lasagna, along with the right types of cheeses. All which is very important in making a traditional lasagna, the cheeses you will want are Ricotta, Fresh Mozzarella and some Edam cheese, the Edam cheese will give this lasagna it’s nice crust. This will in turn leave you will a moist yet firm and perfectly browned lasagna, that is sure to impress even the pickets of lasagna eaters. I hope you give it a try!
To make the Best Beef Lasagna:
- Start by placing a paper towel onto a large plate, and empty out your Ricotta cheese on top. Allow it to sit there for about 30 minutes to and absorb all the water before placing in the Lasagna pan.
- Now cook your Lasagna noodles according to there instructions in boiling water, till tender but not mushy.
- Drain and soak in cold water till there cooled.
- In your non stick pan cook your hamburger, onion, till browned.
Cooking your Hamburger:
- Add in your Italian Herbs and Fresh Basil along with crushed garlic cloves and cook all together for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate.
Cooking your Sauce:
- Add your favorite sauce to the non stick pan, and heat on low medium till its hot. I like to use a four cheese sauce or an Italian sausages type sauce.
- You can make your own Marinara sauce to if you like, here is a great recipe by Gimme Some Oven.
- Now add your cooked Hamburger and spices into the sauce and stir all together.
- In a large bowl add your egg, cayenne, drained ricotta cheese and Mozzarella cheese and stir all together.
- In your pan, start by spreading a layer of that delicious tomato/meat sauce into the bottom (see picture)
- Next lay our your first layer of noodles (see picture)
- Next add a layer of your Mozzarella cheese.
- REPEAT X 3 TILL THE PAN IS FILLED
- So the last layer of your Lasagna should just have noodles, then Tomato/Hamburger sauce.
Pre -bake: Pre-heat your over to 375 f
- Cover your Lasagna with tinfoil and leave a few edges open to vent and bake for 30 minutes at 375 f.
- Once the oven beeps, take it out and remove the foil.
- Now layer your Lasagna with your Edam Cheese, this will brown nicely.
- Place back in the oven uncovered for 25 more minutes till done.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Note: You can add mushrooms and or spinach if you like and or also make it vegetarian.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review/picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and make a purchase, even if it isn’t the item I mentioned, I receive a small percentage (at no extra cost to you). This helps support this blog, and makes it possible for me to bring you new recipes! I only share links to items I personally use or would recommend, and I have no outside incentive to promote a particular item or product all opinions are my own.
PIN IT FOR LATER