This Homemade Tomato Tortellini Soup will change your life. That is if you love tomato soup but have never made it from scratch like this before. It’s creamy and super healthy for you. Not to mention absolutely delicious!
And trust me it does not compare in any way to the canned stuff. But you are just gonna have to try it for yourself to see.
I like to use “Passata Sauce” in this soup because it basically is uncooked tomato puree without seeds or skins and works so well when making this type of soup.
Of course you can always use fresh tomatoes and blend them into a puree in the blender as well.
Totally up to you!
Then to add a bit more of a tomato base, I will use a can of tomato paste which blends out well when added to the vegetable stock.
So if your craving some basic tomato soup, but also want a hearty meal as well. Then this recipe is going to be one of your go to tomato soups going forward. Trust me! It’s mine.
Also keep in mind, as with all my recipes. If you want to make more or less of this soup, simple adjust the serving size in the ingredients section above and the servings will automatically adjust for you. This soup can store in the fridge for up to 3 days and or freeze for up to 3 months.
Notes: You can always use chicken stock in replace of vegetable if desired.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 2 cups Passata sauce
- 1 Small tin of tomato paste
- 6 cups Vegetable Stock, low sodium
- 250 grams Tortellini
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Start by adding the Vegetable Stock to a large pot and bring to a boil, turn down the heat to medium and add in the passata sauce, tomato paste and spices. Cover and simmer on medium to low heat for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Remove the lid and stir, then add in the "Tortellini" cook according to package instructions, Serve and enjoy!