This Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Scallop Pasta is served in a creamy white sauce and is super simple to make and is sure to impress.
I like to use penne pasta for this dish, however you could use fettuccine too.
Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and enjoy!
You don’t have to wait for only a special occasion for this dish, if you have a seafood lover in your life they are sure to enjoy this anytime of the year.
You will want to start by chopping your onion and then mincing your garlic, saute it in a pan and then placing on the side.
Next saute the chicken pieces, and scallops separately in a little butter then set aside.
Before placing everything back in the saucepan to merge together with some heavy cream, chopped yellow pepper, parsley, salt and pepper and fresh parmesan cheese.
Right before serving squeeze some lemon over top and serve hot directly from the pan.
Once you try this simple recipe, you will be hooked, just be careful to not overcook the scallops or it they will become rubbery.
You are going to want to cook it on medium low for a 3 minutes on each side, then remove it immediately from the heat and set aside before tossing back for the last minute with everything else before serving!
Serve in a bowl or on a large plate, this dish is creamy!
Note: You can also add spinach if you desire.
LOOKING FOR MORE ITALIAN RECIPES?
- Parmesan tortellini kale sausage soup
- Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Chicken Mushroom Pappardelle
- Gnocchi Sausage Kale Soup
- Creamy Spinach Sausage Gnocchi
- Basil Parmesan Fettuccine
- Broiled Lasagna Soup
- Best Chicken Tortellini Recipes
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 454 grams small box Penne Pasta
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 large Chicken Breast
- 10 medium to large Scallops
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 large Lemon
- 1 tbsp Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- Start by cooking your pasta, for this dish I choose penne noodles.
- Rinse and drain pasta, set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of butter over over medium – low heat. Add onions and saute for two minutes, then add minced garlic and saute till fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp of butter and saute the diced chicken breast till cooked. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, add 1 tsp of butter and saute the scallops on each side approx 3 mins each till cooked. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the cooked penne, cooked onion, garlic, heavy cream, fresh parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder and simmer on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add back in the cooked chicken and scallops, turn off the heat and squeeze the juice of from one lemon over top everything. Serve immediately with a fresh lemon wedge. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 629Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 1777mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g