This Pappardelle Pasta Recipe is absolutely delicious and is made with chicken breasts and mushrooms.
Looking for more recipes that utilize pappardelle pasta. Try my Lobster Pasta or Pappardelle Bolognese!
WHAT IS PAPPARDELLE PASTA
Pappardelle are long, flat and broad ribbons of egg pasta, that originate in Tuscany, Italy.
HOW TO MAKE PAPPARDELLE PASTA RECIPE
This dish uses dried uncooked pappardelle pasta, white mushrooms, whole chicken breasts and fresh parsley.
Which comes in a creamy sauce that is sure to make enhance the flavor of the pappardelle noodles.
This dish is very elegant and would be very impressive to serve to a loved one on any special occasions.
This versatile dish is so quick and easy to make and can really can be served on any day.
Last year, me and my partner went out for Valentines day.
And it ended up costing us lot.
That is also because Valentine’s day is one of the most busiest dining nights out of the year.
So of course they are going to charge more, make sense right?
So in the future I think I will be making this dish at home instead and then pairing it with a bottle of wine.
Giving anyone a fancy dining experience for two for under $40 dollars.
Oh and expect leftovers because this pasta makes a few bowls 😉
If you’re looking for a vegetarian dish for tonight’s dinner?
Feel free to omit the chicken and just use mushrooms.
You can also add in some spinach if you’d like to replace the chicken!
This dish can be made vegan as sell.
However you would want to replace the butter, parmesan cheese and whole milk with those vegan substitutes of course.
And of course you can use “gluten free” pasta if your on such a diet.
So really there is no excuse to not indulging once in a while in such an amazing dish.
To make this dish all you will need is one large cooking pot, what can be easier than that.
Since pappardelle pasta noodles are not very starchy it’s okay to throw them in dring the last phases of cooking.
If you are using another heavy pasta, then you may want to pre cook the pasta then through it in at the end instead.
Squeeze the juice from a lemon overtop before serving and you will be in pasta heaven… Bone appetite!
Looking for a NEW MEAL PREP option for the week. This recipe is perfect for that 🙂
I like to make meal preps with my leftovers. They freeze well too!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! You can leave a 5 star review in the comments below! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Other pasta Dishes you will love
- Chicken Pesto Ravioli
- Creamy parmesan chicken and scallop pasta
- Mushroom Goat Cheese Ravioli
- Gnocchi Sausage Kale Soup
- Smoked Salmon Gnocchi
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cups Mushrooms
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 300 grams of Uncooked Pappardelle Pasta
- 1 Onion
- 4 Garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock, salted
- 2 cups Whole Milk or Cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Start by adding 2 tbsp of butter to a pot and bring to high heat, once melted add in the olive oil.
- Next add in the sliced mushrooms and saute on medium to high heat till soft and browned how you like. Remove the cooked mushrooms and set aside.
- In the same pot add the cubed chicken and saute for a few minutes before adding in the diced onion. Saute on medium heat till the chicken has cooked fully and onions have become soft.
- Season the chicken, add the crushed garlic and saute till fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken stock and simmer for a few minutes before adding in the dijon mustard and cooked mushrooms back to the pot.
- Add in the whole milk or cream along with the Pappardelle pasta.
- Simmer on a high heat for 2 minutes, stirring the pot. Then cover the pot and turn down the heat to medium - high. Allow the pasta to steam/cook for 3 minutes before removing the lid.
- Give the pasta a good stir then add some fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Simmer on a medium heat for a remaining 5 minutes, season to taste and enjoy!
- Pour in the chicken stock and simmer a few minutes before adding in the
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 990mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 7gSugar: 14gProtein: 42g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix