This Creamy Spinach Sausage Gnocchi is made with just a few simple ingredients that produce big flavors.
The Gnocchi is simmered in a light cream sauce that is made of chicken stock, parmesan cheese, sour cream and dijon mustard.
Along with fresh sage and few italian spices that sure enhances all those ingredients very well.
Isn’t this dish very similar to Tuscan style dishes?
Yes, it is. Tuscan dishes use simple ingredients that are not covered in any heavy sauces.
So even though this dish is creamy, it does not use cream or butter and is rather light.
Also you can take this dish from mild to hot simply by choosing a hotter sausage.
We are simply substituting that heavy cream for a more healthy olive oil and chicken stock.
So hold onto your hats for this one ladies and gents, because this dish is far more healthier than most of those Tuscan recipes out there.
Can I replace the Sausage for Chicken?
YES, you can use a chicken breast in replace of the sausage.
To make this dish all you will need is one large cooking pot/pan.
Start by cooking the gnocchi by boiling it in the pot/pan.
Once that is done you can prepare the remaining ingredients.
From there everything will come together in the same pot/pan in under 15 minutes!
This recipe can be served as a romantic dinner for two or double the recipe and then you can serve a family of four or more.
Looking for a Tuscan inspired recipe? Try my “Tuscan Salmon” it is delizioso as well.
Other Gnocchi recipes that you’re sure to love!
Will you give this recipe a go?
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ★
- 500 grams Gnocchi
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Heat - Italian Sausage
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Chicken Stock, or Better Than Bouillon
- 2 cups Chopped Spinach
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream, Full fat
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parmesan cheese
- Start by brining a medium sized pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the gnocchi and cook according to package instructions or until it floats to the top. Once cooked, starin and set aside.
- Meanwhile chop the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
- In the same pot add 2 tbsp of olive oil and then the sun-dried tomatoes. Saute on medium heat for 2 minutes before adding in the chopped Italian sausage. Saute till the sausage is no longer pink and is cooked.
- Add in the crushed garlic and spices and saute one minute before adding in the chicken stock, sour cream and dijon mustard.
- Add back in the cooked gnocchi and simmer on medium heat all together for 5 minutes.
- Toss in the parmesan cheese, stir to coat and serve!
Feel free to replace the sausage with a chicken breast!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 875mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 24g