This Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken recipe is one of my family’s favorites. And has all the right elements of a good hearty dinner that the whole family is sure to love.
This creamy garlic mushroom chicken can be made on the stove top in under 30 minutes.
And can be served alongside rice or mashed potatoes and a vegetable of you’d like.
If you are a huge mushroom lover, you can also add sliced mushrooms to this dish if you choose for more of a mushroom taste.
Alongside the one can of mushroom soup that this recipe calls for!
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM CHICKEN
- Start with 2 fresh chicken breasts and slice them in half.
- Do the same with 3 pieces of garlic.
- Saute butter in your skillet of choice, add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute the chicken on both sides till browned. Then remove the chicken and set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute the garlic till fragrant.
- Then add in the Dijon mustard, mushroom soup, Greek yogurt, chicken stock.
- Add back in the cooked chicken breasts and simmer for 5 minutes all together.
If you’d like you can omit the Campbell’s soup and use cream instead.
Just make sure your adding 3/4 cup of cream along with 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms in its place.
I used Campbell’s Mushroom soup to make this recipe.
It is a low fat option to sing heavy cream.
I find the Campbell’s Mushroom soup is the perfect addition to this dish.
And don’t forget to pour that delicious sauce from the pan over top of whatever you choose to serve them with!
The secret to serving the best pan seared Chicken breasts, is making sure you use enough butter to fry them in.
Which helps to keep them moist and delicious!
Then cooking them at the right temperature and for the right amount of time, brought to allow them to brown.
MEAL PREP IDEA: Make enough to create a few meal preps bowls for the week ahead. Simply place your favorite vegetable on the bottom of the meal prep bowls and top with the sliced chicken breasts and the sauce.
If you’re looking for more recipes that utilize “Chicken Breasts:
Then you will want to try these dishes below!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! You can leave a 5 star review in the comments below! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
3 tbsp Butter
2 Chicken Breasts
1 can of Campbell's Mushroom Soup
2 tbsp of Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
1/4 cup of Chicken stock
3 large cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the Chicken breasts in half and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute in a low profile pan with butter till lightly browned.
- Remove and set the chicken aside.
- Then slice the garlic in half and saute till fragrant.
- Add in the dijon mustard, campbells mushroom soup, chicken stock and greek yogurt.
- Stir and add back in the cooked chicken.
- Saute on low/medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve alongside your favorite veggie.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 338Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 1125mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g