5 Boneless chicken breasts
1 tbsp Seasoning Salt
1 cup All purpose flour
3 large Eggs
2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 package Kraft Extra Crispy Shake N Bake
This juicy and tender Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts are done one in the oven. Who doesn’t love deep fried chicken? It’s tender, crispy and full of undeniable flavor, but so is this.
I used to eat it allot, back in the day when I was young and really not paying attention to my diet. I used to get the take out kind, from one of my favorite chain restaurants which I won’t mention. I mean a lot, once a week at best.
However these days I like to make this kind of chicken at home, where there is no deep fryer involved. Plus instead of using chicken with the skin on, which of course you can do if you like. I choose the lean skinless chicken breasts most times when I am making this recipe. And let me tell you, this recipe is something AMAZING!
Some people like to marinade there chicken in buttermilk 24 hours prior to making oven baked chicken, however don’t. Even though this step helps to tenderize the chicken, I find it just adds more fat and takes more time, so I simply pound each breasts on a cutting board prior to tenderize mine.
Also there is a secret ingredient in this recipe, and that is the addition to the panko bread crumbs a package of kraft oven fry extra crispy chicken seasoning. See below for the exact brand I use. Serve with some honey mustard if desired!
With this recipe, you can have 5 Crispy oven baked breasts done in under 1 hour. Wanting to feed more people? Simply double to recipe up and use two pans, easy enough eh?
Now get ready for the best oven baked chicken that is sure to knock your socks off. Your family will be surprised that there was no deep fryer used to make this delicious chicken. And you can start feeding your family healthier one day at a time, without them hardly noticing the change. I hope you give my recipe a try and let me know what you think… could you switch to baked vs deep fried chicken now.
Extra Crispy Shake N Bake and Parmesan cheese.
Note: Make enough to create a few meal preps bowls for the week ahead, simply add some corn to the bowls first then chicken on top. And then you will have the most healthiest southern style baked chicken and corn to enjoy later.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 5 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Seasoning Salt
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 package Kraft Extra Crispy Shake N Bake
- Start by washing off your chicken breasts, “if pre froze” defrost them fully prior.
- Prepare 3 bowls on the counter, bowl #1 with hold the flour, bowl #2 the beaten eggs, bowl #3 the Panko Bread Crumbs a package of Extra Crispy Shake N Bake and Parmesan cheese.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and season on both sides with a generous amount of seasoning salt.
- Then start by dipping the chicken breasts, one by one from Bowl 1 to 2 to 3. “Flour, to Eggs, to Crumb mixture.
- Spray the baking pan with a generous amount of oil or add 4 tbsp of cooking oil to the baking pan and spread it out.
- Place each breast across the pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER