These Easy Baked Lemon Chicken and Potatoes are cooked to perfection and smothered in a lemon, garlic sauce that is sure to impress.
I really like to use mini potatoes when I can for this recipe.
I find they really go well with this type of dish and make it look kind of fancy, don’t you?
Plus they are baked so soft that you can simply mash them with a fork which allows those mini potatoes to soak up all those delicious flavors.
Looking for another awesome way to bake some Chicken Breasts? You may want to try this recipe for a Moist Baked Chicken Breast.
Can I make this in my Instant Pot or Slow Cooker?
And if you like your chicken moist and juicy then you will love this recipe.
In order to make the best baked lemon chicken you will want to start by adding the right ingredients though.
How to make the best baked chicken and potatoes
- Marinate– You want to use the right amount of stock.
- Time – You do not want to bake them for more than 50 minutes.
This dish consist of fresh chicken breasts, fresh sage, lemon juice, onions, garlic and mini potatoes.
Oh and 1/2 cup of chicken stock which helps to create the most delicious potatoes.
If you follow those two tips alone you are sure to prepare the best grilled chicken breasts.
Also feel free to use bone in breasts as well, those work for this recipe well also.
You can serve these baked lemon chicken breasts and potatoes alongside a bed of grilled asparagus, salad or some other vegetable of your if desired.
Looking for another popular chicken breast recipe?
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! You can leave a 5 star review in the comments below! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 cups Mini Potatoes
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock, low sodium
- 1 tbsp Fresh Sage
- 1 tsp Lemon Seasoning
- pinch black pepper
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 f.
- Then wash the mini potatoes before covering the bottom of a baking dish with them, along with 1 tbsp of butter and the diced the onion.
- Place the chicken breasts overtop and add in the 1/2 cup of chicken stock and half the juice from a lemon.
- Seasoning with fresh sage, lemon salt and pepper.
- Mince the garlic and place overtop the chicken, along with 2 tbsp of olive oil and the remaining half lemon cut into slices.
- Bake in the oven covered with tin foil for 40 minutes, remove the tin foil and allow it to cook the remaining 10.
- Plate and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 592 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 117mg Sodium: 484mg Carbohydrates: 54g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 9g Protein: 44g