This Creamy Tuscan Sausage Pasta is ready in less than 30 minutes. So if you’re looking for some comfort food tonight, look no further.
- Olive oil
- Jar sun-dried tomato
- Italian sausage
- Cheese tortellini
- Heavy cream
- Garlic, minced
- Parmesan cheese, divided
- Fresh spinach
- Salt n pepper to taste
I’ve prepare this dish in our home often. And I’ve been told it taste better than most of the dishes offered in those fancy Italian restaurants.
This dish is ultimate comfort dish, which offers a place full of delicious Italian flavors.
Believe it or not but this dish even tastes better the second day, it’s absolutely delicious!
I have always loved italian recipes, because tomatoes and cheese are often used and two of my favorite ingredients.
This dish is similar it taste to a Italian Tortellini soup – the broth. I have that recipe here on the blog, that you can find below.
Add a dash of fresh parmesan cheese on top to serve and you will be in Italian food heaven!
I also will use Classico Sun-Dried Tomato sauce for this recipe.
It makes it super creamy and adds a element of depth than just plain alfredo would do.
I really like to use “herbed Italian sausage” for this recipe.
Then I will add a pinch of red pepper flakes which really helps to pick up the flavor.
Notes: Also keep in mind, as with all my recipes. If you want to make more or less, simple adjust the serving size in the ingredients section above and the servings will automatically adjust for you. This recipe can store in the fridge for up to 3 days and or freeze for up to 3 months.
LOOKING FOR MORE ITALIAN RECIPES?
- Parmesan tortellini kale sausage soup
- Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Chicken Mushroom Pappardelle
- Gnocchi Sausage Kale Soup
- Creamy Spinach Sausage Gnocchi
- Basil Parmesan Fettuccine
- Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Scallops
- Broiled Lasagna Soup
- Best Chicken Tortellini Recipes
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 410 ml Jar Alfredo with sun-dried tomato
- 2 large Italian sausages, diced
- 350 grams Cheese tortellini
- 6 pieces of sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 2 garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt n pepper to taste
- In a large skillet add the butter then the sausage and saute on medium heat, breaking up the sausage into little pieces till almost cooked.
- Then add in the minced garlic and cook 1 more minute all together. Then remove the sausage and set aside.
- Next in a pot of boiling water, add the tortellini and cook till al dente. Then remove, strain and set aside.
- Then in the same skillet that the sausage was cooked in. Add in the alfredo sauce, cream, herbs and sun dried tomatoes.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, before adding in the cooked sausage and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the spinach and simmer on low for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and toss in the cooked tortellini and allow to cool down before serving.
- Serve with fresh parmesan cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart C55-12PCKSAM 12 Piece Color Knife Set with Blade Guards (6 knives and 6 knife covers), Jewel - Amazon Exclusive
Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
MICHELANGELO 5 Quart Nonstick Woks and Stir Fry Pans With Lid, Frying Basket & Steam Rack, Nonstick Copper Wok Pan With Lid, Ceramic Wok With Lid, Nonstick Frying Wok Flat Bottom, Induction Compatible
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1092Total Fat: 89gSaturated Fat: 52gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 267mgSodium: 1593mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 30g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix