Skip the takeout tonight and try this “Chinese Beef Pepper Steak” instead.
It is absolutely delicious and so healthy for you. So feel free to indulge and sharing is not mandatory!
I like good quality chinese food and will seek it out when the craving hits.
I lean more towards those authentic type dishes than those americanized sweet ones.
This dish definitely delivers on those authentic flavors.
So if your like me and prefer a more authentic stir fry too then you’re definitely going to want to add this recipe collection!
Sauteed in the most delicious sauce your family won’t believe this didn’t come from delivery.
So what is in that secret sauce anyway? Well it’s a simple combination of oyster sauce, soya sauce, cornstarch, sugar, rice vinegar and some great spices.
You are sure to be reminded of your best dining experience at your favorite asian restaurant with this one.
Your wanting to use a fast fry steak here and simple marinade it for 15 minutes prior to ensure it is as tender as possible.
To do that slice the steak against the grain and marinade it in a bit of baking soda then after the 15 minutes is up your going to run that clean under cold water.
Then add all the “sauce” ingredients back into a bowl with the cleaned steak and now your ready to pull it all together in the wok!
Meanwhile, while the steak is marinating in the sauce you can get your rice going either on the stove or in your rice cooker and also chop up all the vegetables = Red and Green peppers, onions, garlic and ginger.
Then the rest of the dish takes less than 15 minutes to pull together, talk about easy enough eh?
For this recipe you can throw in practically any type of vegetable in, sometimes will throw broccoli and snap peas for another version.
However this version is definitely my all time favorite, I could eat this once per week or more and sometimes i do 🙂
I like to serve this with some cooked jasmine rice on the side, I hope you give it I would love to know what you think?
If you liked this recipe? Then you will want to try my other ASIAN inspired recipes below!
- Black Bean Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Black Pepper Shrimp
- Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
- Beef Pepper Ramen
- Egg fried Rice
- Black Pepper Chicken
- Vegetable Egg Drop Soup
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear how it turned out! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pd Fast fry steak
- 2 Green peppers
- 2 Red peppers
- 1 large Onion
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 4 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp Medium Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Start by slicing the fast fry steak against the grain and marinade it in a bowl for 15 minutes with some baking soda. Once that is done, rince the beef clean.
- In another bowl add the cleaned steak and all the "sauce ingredients" and stir to combine. Then in a large wok, over medium heat add 1 tbsp of sesame seed and cook till the beef is no longer pink. Do not overcook, remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, add 1 more tbsp of sesame oil and the minced garlic and ginger. Saute for one minute before adding in the all the chopped vegetables.
- Saute the vegetables till slightly tender but do not over cook, then add back in the cooked steak and season with salt and pepper. Allow it to simmer all together for 5 more minutes, before serving hot over a bed of rice!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 2167mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 20g