Oh for the love of good European food! This Farmer Sausage Skillet with Perogies (PIEROGI) are sauteed in a creamy dijon sauce with the addition of some lovely sauerkraut.
Looking for another farmer sausage recipe, try my Farmers Sausage Eggs Benedict it is delicious too!
This is one of my favorite ways to prepare sausage and Perogies.
Now I’m not 100% sure if this is a German or Polish dish because based on my knowledge if it had the potatoes in it then it would for sure be German.
Perogies or pierogies however you want to spell it are more Polish and Ukraine, right?
So I just can’t decide, maybe someone out there knows?
Well either way, this dish is absolutely delicious!
And if it’s any indication of how other eastern european dishes taste then you are sure to find more here in the near future.
This recipe is super simple to make, you can literally have this on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Serve it up with sour cream and you have yourself a true European meal.
HOW TO COOK FARMERS SAUSAGE
- Cooking farmers sausage is easy.
- The best way to cook it is to slice it in half or pieces and fry it on both sides for roughly 5 minutes per side till well done.
Whenever I make this I try to save some for the next day, because it makes such great leftovers.
Wouldn’t you want this two days in a row? or how about making a few meal preps for the work week?
If you are wanting to make more than two of these dishes tonight.
Then you will want to use my simply ingredients adjust ABOVE and you can have leftovers too. If you want a little more creaminess in this dish, be sure to not drain the sauerkraut to much!
I hope you enjoy!
LOOKING FOR OTHER FARMER SAUSAGE RECIPES? Check out these recipes below!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! You can leave a 5 star review in the comments below! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Medium onion
- 3 Farmers Sausages
- 15 Perogies (PIEROGI)
- 1 cup Sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and reduce the heat. Then add in your favorite Perogies. Once the perogies have floated to the top of the pot, remove from the heat strain and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large dutch oven add 1 tbsp of butter and the diced onion, fry for one minute before adding in the sliced farmers sausage.
- Saute on medium heat till the onions are translucent and the sausage has browned nicely.
- Then add in your Sauerkraut, dijon mustard and milk. Cook on low heat for a 10 minutes then remove and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pot add 2 tbsp of butter and the cook perogies along with the fresh parsley. Saute on medium heat for 5 minutes, allowing the pregoies to brown some before adding back in the sausage mixture.
- Simmer on low heat all together for another 5 minutes and serve.
You can replace the whole milk with %2 milk and use 2 tbsp of butter if desired. Serve with sour cream for some extra creaminess.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1086Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 3174mgCarbohydrates: 96gFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 30g