This Perogies with Bacon and Mushrooms are absolutely delicious and is one of my favorite comfort foods.
There is no butter added to this dish, rather the mushrooms are sauteed in a little bacon fat and the perogies in olive oil.
I just love perogies, it is my ultimate comfort food. Some people like burgers or macaroni and cheese, I like perogies.
Growing up my mom made perogies more often than potatoes and she always served them with a dollop of sour cream.
But never did she make them like this, with mushrooms and bacon.
I believe it’s because she typically served them with a sausage on the side which gave us our protein.
Even though I really love perogies served with kielbasa and or farmers sausage. I also love them made this way too!
Go ahead and indulge in this big bowl of comfort tonight!
Want this recipe on the table in under one hour?
Simply saute the bacon in one pan and boil the pregogies in another and merge everything together at the end.
Serve it up with some sour cream on the side if desired. If you are wanting to make more than three of these dishes tonight.
Then you will want to use my simply ingredients adjust ABOVE and you can have leftovers too. I hope you enjoy!
Recipe inspired: www.thereciperebel.com/perogies-recipe-with-bacon
If you liked this recipe? Then you may want to try my “Farmer-sausage-skillet-with-perogies” your sure to love it too.
- 15 Perogies
- Pack of Bacon
- 4 Green Onions
- 25 Brown Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start by bringing a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Then add in the perogies and turn the heat down to medium heat and allow the perogies to rise to the top of the pot.
- Remove and strain, set aside.
- To save time, while the perogies are cooking. Cut up a package of bacon with a sharp knife and saute the bacon in a large pan till crispy. Drain away almost all the bacon fat leaving less than 1 tsp and add in the sliced mushrooms.
- Saute the mushrooms and bacon till the mushrooms have browned, remove the bacon and mushrooms and set aside.
- Using the same pot add in the cooked perogies along with a little olive oil and saute till the pregoeis are browned slightly, roughly 3 minutes on each side.
- Add in the sliced green onions and simmer a few minutes before adding back in the cooked mushrooms and bacon. Saute all together for one minute and serve!
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add frozen perogies and boil for about 3 minutes or until they float to the top.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon and onion in a large skillet until both are lightly browned.
- Remove cooked perogies to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add butter to skillet with bacon and onions, then add perogies in a single layer and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Whisk together cream, salt and pepper and add to the hot pan once perogies are lightly browned. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened slightly (it will bubble up and thicken fairly quickly, so keep an eye on it!).
- Remove from the heat to garnish with green onions if desired and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 546 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 1125mg Carbohydrates: 63g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 17g
I’m thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!