2 Gluten Free English Muffins
4 tbsp Smoked salmon cream cheese
2 tbsp Dill (Fresh)
1 Salmon Fillet
Salt and pepper (to taste)
To Poach the Eggs
Apple cider vinegar
These Smoked Salmon and poached Gluten free Egg English Muffins are one of my favorite go to breakfast recipes. It’s not only inexpensive it’s also super simple to make, your sure to want to enjoy this breakfast time and time again.
This recipe is much healthier to say an eggs benedict recipe! The reason being is we are skipping the hollandaise sauce and highlighting the creamy egg and smoked salmon flavors.
Also if you want you can add a salmon fillet on top of the smoked salmon cream cheese, however this is an optional step as having it with just the smoked salmon cream cheese is amazing also! I do that often, however for this recipe I wanted to make it a little extra special.
If cooking a salmon fillet be sure to allow it to cool down some before flaking it and then placing it onto the cream cheese.
I like to use these Gluten Free English Muffins, however you can use your favorite brand in replace of course.
In order to make the best eggs benedict you will want to cook the eggs just right. And to do that you will simply add 2 tbsp of white vinegar to a medium pot of boiling water. And once it reaches a boil you will want to turn down the heat to medium – low.
When it reaches a medium – low heat, simply crack one egg into a small ramekin boil. And slowly place it into the pot, repeat with a maximum of 3 eggs per pot. You do not want to overcrowd the eggs and allow them to cook at the bottom of the pot, once they reach a firm yet soft on the inside texture.
REMOVE them with a spatula and strain over the sink. And wulla you have poached your eggs! Those eggs are what you will use in the benedict.
Still need direction? Here is an excellent video showing it: How to Poach an Egg
I’m a breakfast person, however most days I don’t have time to make a full breakfast and will opt for a breakfast shake such as my Cherry Berry Magic Smoothie.
On the days where I get to stay home in the mornings, I will make a full breakfast and this is the type of breakfast I will make.
It’s is absolutely delicious and is one of me and my partners favorite breakfasts actually. We will make this in our house at least a couple times per month.
Now don’t forget the fresh dill it really pulls this dish together!!
If you have never poached an egg, I promise you it’s not at all hard. You will simply want to bring a pot of water to a boil and once it reaches a boil you will stir in 2 tbsp of vinegar and then reduce it to a medium boil.
Meanwhile crack one egg at a time into a small ramekin bowl. Then you will want to dip a large spatula with holes in it of some kind into the pot and slowly pour the egg overtop of the spatula to slowly sumerge the egg in the water.
Holding the spatula in place you will allow each egg to simmer on a medium heat for about four minutes each till cooked. You are looking for a runny yolk, not to running and not to hard. That is it! You poached an egg! Still need direction? Here is an excellent video showing it: How to Poach an Egg
Did you try this? I would love to hear about your favorite breakfast memories in the comments below. Till next time friends, see you in the kitchen 🙂
Looking for another GREAT Breakfast recipe? Check out my Black forest ham hash browns with eggs. Your gonna love this one too!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, I appreciate every single one of you! If you made this recipe i’d love to hear how it turned out! You can post a review/picture below or via Instagram and let me know. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox
Smoked Salmon Poached Egg English Muffins
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Gluten Free English Muffins
- 4 tbsp Smoked salmon cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Dill Fresh
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Salmon Fillet
- Salt and pepper to taste
TO POACH THE EGGS
- Cold water
- Apple cider vinegar
- Slice the english muffins in half and toast them in a toaster oven.
- Once toasted, smoother each half with the "smoked salmon cream cheese" and set aside.
- If your cooking a salmon fillet, start that by placing it over a 1 tbsp of butter and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Once it has been cooked, roughly 6 minutes on either side. Simply allow it to cool down and chop it up finely.
- Then, bring a pot of water to a boil and add in the vinegar.
- Crack one egg into a small ramekin bowl and then dip a large spatula dip into the water, turn the heat down to medium and then add in the egg slowly so that it sits on the spatula and is just submerged in the water.
- Cook the egg for around four minutes this way, allow the water to cover the egg enteriley so that the yolk cooks to a medium firmness.
- Once the egg has reached the consistency you like, remove the spatula and egg allow any excess water to drip off and place the egg on top of the salmon cream cheese and salmon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and the freshly chopped dill, enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER