These Brazilian Cheese Puffs are the perfect snack food.
I would like to call this recipe, cheesy cheese puffs.
However nobody would probably find it and I would be stealing a well known recipe known as “Brazilian Cheese Bread” and be calling it my own.
Which would be so wrong, so instead I’ll keep the word Brazilian and cheese and omit the bread part for puffs 🙂
I love these little puffs which are stuffed full of shredded parmesan and cheddar cheese and are unbelievably addicting to eat.
However, if you know me you know that I believe everything should be enjoyed in moderation.
So I will limit myself to a maximum of four and day and then will start again the next day. Ha!
Light, fluffy and cheesy is what you will taste when you bite into these little puffs. Made with just a few simple ingredients of tapioca flour, whole milk, parmesan/cheddar cheese, butter, eggs and salt.
Inspired by: http://www.oliviascuisine.com/authentic-brazilian-cheese-bread/
Note: You can make and freeze them in a ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Simply remove them from the bag, bake and your ready for more!
I’m thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 4 cups tapioca flour Tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 3/4 cups Whole Milk
- 6 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a large saucepan add the whole milk, oil along with the salt and bring to a light boil. Be careful not to burn the milk. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the tapioca flour till blended. Pour into a bowl and let it cool down for about 30 minutes.
- In another small bowl whisk two eggs together and slowly pour into the cooled tapioca mixture stirring very well till combined.
- Add in the grated parmesan and cheddar cheese and mix till combined, add in the cheese. Your looking for a slightly soft and sticky dough, you can always add more tapioca flour if you find it's to runny. Only add a pinch at a time otherwise you may end up with rock hard cheese balls.
- Take a large non stick baking sheet and spray with vegetable oil or grease it well with cooking oil. Then make sure your hands are wet with cold water and shape each ball into circles half the size of golf balls.
- Scatter the cheese puffs all over the baking sheet, leaving 3 inches in between each puff.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for 20 minutes or until they are puffed. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 708Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 1432mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 18g