Today I’m sharing one of our favorite recipes for Rosemary Garlic Butter Steak.
We are using a 3 inch thick Sirloin Steak and searing it over medium-high heat.
This steak can be served rare, medium rare or medium well done.
You can also use fillet, ribeye or t-bone if you like in replace of sirloin.
Just take note of the different cooking times as I will explain more below.
This recipe works very well served alongside some sauteed mushrooms and mini potatoes. However if your on a keto diet of some kind asparagus can be replaced for the potatoes.
HOW TO COOK SIRLOIN STEAK MEDIUM RARE
Sirloin steak is best served medium rare, in order to cook it that way you will want to sear it for 6 minutes on one side then flip it over once and sear it for another 5 minutes on the other.
HOW TO COOK STEAK
If you prefer your steak medium cooked, then you will want to sear it for 7 minutes on one side and 4-5 on the other. Always let your steak sit off the heat for 5 minutes to rest before serving!
Sirloin steak is allot like fillet and is considered a prime steak and is most people’s favorite cut.
While mine is a t-bone which takes a bit longer to cook.
Want to try my “Rosemary Garlic Roasted Mini Potatoes”? you will find that recipe below too. If you were to order something like this in the restaurant you are looking at minimum $50 a person.
However preparing this at home is simple and can save you a lot of money.
I just love the way the rosemary and garlic butter flavors the steak, it melts in your mouth and to be honest I have yet to try something this good in the restaurants.
So if your thinking of preparing this for a loved for some kind of special occasion then you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
The trick to cooking the best steak is to use ample butter, you are going to be basting the steak in the butter while it cooks. Giving it depth of flavor and also helping to make it moist and juicy.
The second trick is to season the steak generously on both sides prior to cooking with salt and pepper. If you follow those two tips alone you are sure to prepare the best steak ever.
Steak cooking times vary based on the cut: Always cook your steak over medium-high heat, searing it on each side only once. Turning the steak often sometimes leads to a overcooked and tough steak.
HOW SIRLOIN STEAK
- Sirloin Steak: Cook for 6 minutes on one side and 4-5 on the other for a medium rare steak. Up the cooking time by one minute to have a medium steak.
- Ribeye: Cook for 5 minutes on one side and 3 on the other for a medium rare steak
- Fillet: Cook for 4 minutes on one side and 3 on the other for a medium rare steak
- T-Bone: Cook for 8 minutes on one side and 4-5 on the other for a medium rare steak
I will never understand why it’s so darn expensive to order steak at a restaurant when you can make one just as good at home for a fraction of the cost.
Just be sure to source a organic cut of beef those tend to taste the best.
What is your favorite cut of steak? and seasoning mixture? I would love to hear about it in the comments below.
I’m thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cm x 2 Sirloin Steaks
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 2 cups sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp High Quality Black Peppercorn
- 3 cups Mini Potatoes
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Dried Rosemary
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper
TO MAKE THE T-BONE: COOK FOR 8 MINUTES ON ONE SIDE AND 4-5 ON THE OTHER FOR A MEDIUM RARE STEAK. Start by removing the steak from the fridge and let it sit for 20-30 minutes on the counter to become room temperature.
- Season the steaks generously on either side with salt and pepper along with garlic powder and rosemary.
- In a non stick pan, turn the heat to high and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once it's sizzling add the steak and turn the heat down to medium heat.
- Add 5 tbsp of butter and sear the steak on one side for 7 minutes, basting with butter a couple dozen times. Then flip the steak and cook anywhere from 4-5 minutes on the other side basting as well.
- Remove the cooked steak to a plate and while it's resting, add in the mushrooms back to the same pan along with 1 more tbsp of butter and saute till the mushrooms are soft alongside the steak. Enjoy!
WANTING TO SERVE ALONGSIDE SOME "ROSEMARY GARLIC MINI POTATOES"?
- On a large cutting board slice the mini potatoes in half and toss into a large bowl. Add in the rosemary, garlic powder, minced garlic along with salt and pepper. Toss to coat!
- On a non stick baking pan, pour the mini potatoes out and bake in a preheated oven at 400 f for 45 minutes. Turn the potatoes over with a spatula halfway through cooking. Serve alongside the steak, enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1125 Total Fat: 82g Saturated Fat: 32g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 45g Cholesterol: 170mg Sodium: 4434mg Carbohydrates: 70g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 7g Protein: 35g