This Cabbage Tomato Salad is packed full of amazing Mexican flavors! So simple yet so refreshing!
Have you ever tried fresh Mexican pico de gallo salsa on a taco, fajita or burrito and thought “WOW” this would be great as a salad?
Well I have and eat it often as a salad too so instead of chopping the cabbage super fine I will leave it a bit more chunky.
This salad is made from chopped roma tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeños peppers, salt, and lime juice.
And has literally no calories so feel free to eat as much as you like. Buen provecho!
I could eat this all day everyday!
When making this salad make sure to drain most of the liquid out of your tomatoes otherwise it will become mushy to fast. I recommend using roma tomatoes, that way there is not to much liquid.
SUPER FRESH AND FLAVORFUL!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, I appreciate every single one of you! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped finely
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups of cilantro, chopped finely
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped finely
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- Start by chopping 1/2 head of cabbage into bite size pieces, next the tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno and juice then an onion.
- Place into a large bowl, add the olive oil and lime juice then toss to combine and season with salt.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 8gSugar: 13gProtein: 6g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix