This Easy New York Steak Recipe is marinated in the best steak sauce and is ready in less than 15 minutes.
My easy New York strip steak recipe is the Perfect date night recipe if you ask me. I mean you could always go to an expensive steakhouse and order something similar to this dish and pay triple the price. I’d prefer to make it at home for a lot less and have extra money to splurge on whatever else.
If you’re looking for a great steak recipe but one that is a bit different than the average butter and herb recipe then you probably just found it! Looking for a side dish? Try my Sauteed Asparagus
IS NEW YORK STEAK TENDER
Not really it has a bit of a chew. However, if you want it very tender you simply need to marinade it in the fridge the night before.
HOW TO MAKE A NEW YORK STEAK TENDER
- Be sure to season it on both sides with salt, this is the first step to ensure it becomes restaurant quality tender.
HOW MARINATE NEW YOTK STEAK
- Marinade it overnight in a Ziplock bag with your favorite steak marinade
EASY STEAK MARINADE
I like to use the Keg Steakhouse & Bar Marinade = Delicious!
This marinade will make your steak so moist and delicious.
This steak can be served rare, medium rare or medium well done.
WHY ARE NEW YORK STEAKS SO GOOD
- The trick to cooking the best steak is to use ample butter, you are going to be searing the steak while it cooks.
- Then the second trick is to season the steak generously on both sides prior to cooking with salt and pepper.
- Then if you are using a marinade like I have here, you will want brush both sides of the steak prior to searing.
- If you follow those three tips you are sure to prepare the best KEG steaks.
NEW YORK STRIP STEAK CALORIES
- Average strip steak is 120 calories per 100 grams
WHAT TO SERVE WITH A NEW YOTK STRIP STEAK
Any vegetable really will go, I love to pair it with sauteed or grilled asparagus.
You can also serve with potatoes and or rice as another side dish.
WHAT IS A NEW YORK STEAK CUT
It’s a cut from the beef short loin, right behind the rib area of the cow.
HOW TO COOK A NEW YORK STRIP STEAK ON STOVE
Steak cooking times vary based on the cut: Always cook your steak over medium-high heat, searing it on each side only once. Turning the steak often sometimes leads to a overcooked and tough steak.
- Sirloin Steak: Cook for 6 minutes on one side and 4-5 on the other for a medium rare steak. Up the cooking time by one minute to have a medium steak.
- Ribeye: Cook for 5 minutes on one side and 3 on the other for a medium rare steak
- Fillet or Strip: Cook for 4 minutes on one side and 3 on the other for a medium rare steak
- T-Bone: Cook for 8 minutes on one side and 4-5 on the other for a medium rare steak
If you don’t have strip steak then you can always use ribeye or t-bone if you like in replace of strip. Just take note of the different cooking times as I will explain more below.
Looking for a “Rosemary Butter Steak Recipe”? for another time.
You will find that recipe at the very bottom of this post.
DOES NEW YORK STEAK HAVE A LOT OF FAT
No, it is rather a medium lean steak.
DOES NEW YORK STEAK HAVE A BONE
Not typically as is cut from the beef short loin, however it can have in some products.
ARE NEW YORK STEAK BONES OK FOR DOGS
I would say no and I have always had LARGE very LARGE dogs! They can splinter and also can be major chocking hazards. It is best to go to your local butcher and buy RAW KNUCKLE BONES OR MARROW BONES for your dog. Also never give your dog one of these bones that has sharp edges and be sure it is much larger than your dogs mouth to ensure it cannot be swallowed.
What is your favorite cut of steak? and seasoning mixture? I would love to hear about it in the comments below.
I’m thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe I’d love to hear about it! Thank you and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 Strip Steaks
- pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 tbsp Keg Steakhouse Marinade
- 2 tbsp Butter
- pinch Salt
- pinch Black peppercorns
- Start by removing the steak from the fridge and let it sit for 20-30 minutes on the counter to become room temperature.
- Meanwhile wash and trim 1 inch off the ends of a bunch of Asparagus and set aside.
- Season the steaks generously on either side with salt and then brush one side with "The Key Steak" sauce.
- In a non stick pan, turn the heat to high and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once it's sizzling add the steak and turn the heat down to medium heat. Add in the steak then the peppercorns, sear the steak on "The Keg" marinade side for 4 minutes. Then flip the steak over and based the other side generously with "The Keg" steak sauce and cook anywhere from 3-4 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the cooked steak to a plate and while it's resting, and in the same pan add the asparagus back and cover with water. Turn up the heat and boil the asparagus for 2 minutes. Take the frying pan and drain out all the water then place it back on the stovetop.
- Then remove the frying pan from the heat and drain out all the water "not the asparagus" place the pan back on the heat. Add 2 tbsp of butter and season the asparagus with salt. Saute till the asparagus becomes fork tender yet crisp. Season with salt and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 899mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix