Baked to Perfection, now that is one cheesy, saucy number!
MEAL PREP IDEA: Make enough to create a few meal preps bowls for the week ahead. By sectioning each eggplant medallion off into “meal prep” bowls in which I freeze for lunches/dinners for down the road. Want to make more than 8 meal prep bowls? Double this recipe up with using the adjust serving option above.
Notes: You can use less cheese if you want.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 1 large cut into 1/2" thick slices Eggplant
- 2 Jars each, 650 ML PC Spinach and Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 eggs Eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- START BY SOAKING THE EGGPLANT: Slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch thick pieces and placing in a large bowl covered in water, ADD 2 tbsp of salt to the water and then place another large bowl to overtop to make sure the eggplant is submerged for up to an hour.
- Once your eggplant has finished soaking, drain the eggplant and set aside. Then take two bowls, and in bowl number one whisk your 3 eggs together with the milk. In bowl number #2 place add the panko breadcrumbs.
- Start by dipping, each pieces of eggplant into the egg/milk mixture. Then shaking off slightly and then into the panko breadcrumbs. Make sure the whole eggplant pieces is coated, before placing onto a non stick baking pan.
- Repeat until every pieces of eggplant have been coated. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place the eggplant in the oven for 15 minutes to tenderize it.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat add 1 tbsp of olive oil and your crushed garlic cloves. Saute till fragrant, then immediately pour your jar of tomato sauce of choice.
- Add in the italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce has cooked, spoon about a 1/2 cup into the bottom of a large casserole dish, then layer on top the baked eggplant, and drizzle one tbsp of olive oil over the eggplant, then mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, tomato sauce and repeat till the eggplant is done.
- Top the casserole with the last of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese and fresh parsley and bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 543Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 1121mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 33g