This simple Garlic and Lemon Spaghetti (Aglio E Olio), is made with fresh Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, herbs, garlic in a lemon sauce.
And is elegant enough to serve at any large gathering, or on a special occasion for two. It pairs nice with a side a caesar salad, crusty bread, marinated olives, and white wine.
This is definitely one of my favorite pasta dishes, and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. You can add chicken breasts or shrimp to this meal as well, sometimes I will add cherry tomatoes.
Really the sky’s the limit but sometimes simple is best. And this dish really taste so good without anything extra.
Just make sure you are using a lot of fresh Parmigiano and you will be eating like the Italians in Abruzzo.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 1 package Spaghetti
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 tbsp Fresh Parsely
- 4 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 5 cloves Garlic
- Kosher salt, to taste, plus 1 extra teaspoon
- *optional Marinated olives
- Start by boiling a large pot of salted water and add your pasta to it, cook according to package directions. Then strain and save 1/4 cup of the pasta water and discard the rest.
- Heat oil in a large, non stick pan over medium heat and add your garlic. Cook for a few minutes till fragrant and then add your lemon juice to the pan reserved water and cooked pasta.
- Cook tossing regularly till heated through and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil before you sprinkle the Parmesan REGGIANO and parsley. Enjoy!