This Farmers Sausage Macaroni and Cheese is something I came up last weekend. I was craving some good old comfort food and in Canada that typically means Mac and Cheese.
HOW TO COOK FARMERS SAUSAGE
Farmers sausage is cold – smoked yet still it is uncooked and so is prepared just like any other raw sausage. It is best to slice it in half in order to cook it throughout
With this recipe, I merged my favorite sausage with a box of just that! Yes, I said it a box of macaroni and cheese.
Now I don’t typically share recipes where I use boxed macaroni and cheese.
However for this recipe I wanted too create something for those who still love macaroni and cheese but want something more special.
Also added half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to make it more cheesy.
The kids will definitely like this recipe too!
However if you want you can always cook some macaroni on the side and add 2 cups of cheddar instead.
Totally up to you, also if you want to make just a simple from scratch macaroni and cheese then check out my recipe Macaroni cheese recipe it’s a fan favorite!
If you and your family like macaroni and cheese then this just steps it up a notch and tastes much better than any kind of boxed stuff.
Add in some fresh basil and it becomes such a tasty dish that can be served as a meal to just about anybody.
Just make sure your using a good quality macaroni and cheese as it will make a world of difference in how this plate tastes.
This dish can be put together in under 20 minutes ✌ So what are you waiting for?
Grab your favorite box of macaroni and cheese, farmers sausage, shredded cheddar cheese and fresh basil and your good to go.
LOOKING FOR OTHER FARMER SAUSAGE RECIPES? Check out these recipes below!
- Farmer Sausage Skillet with Perogies
- Farmers Sausage Eggs Benedict
- Farmers Sausage with basil and baby tomatoes pizza
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- 2 Box of Macaroni and Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup of Milk
- 4 Farmers Sausage
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Start by brining a salted pot of water to a bowl then add in the macaroni. Reduce to medium heat and stir periodically till the pasta is tender.
- Once tender, strain the macaroni and set aside.
- In the same pot add in the chopped farmers sausage, and fry till cooked and browned.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in the cooked macaroni, packaged cheese, butter, milk, pepper, cheddar cheese and fresh chopped basil.
- Stir to combine and cook till heated thoroughly, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 871Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 1697mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 27g