3 Boneless chicken breasts
1 can Coconut Milk
2 tbsp Butter
400 ml Passata sauce
1 cup Plain yogurt
1 tbsp Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi)
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp Curry powder
1 tbsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Coriander
1 tbsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Cayenne pepper powder
This Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry is sooo delicious and can be made on your stove top in less than 30 minutes or in your pressure cooker.
Made with boneless chicken breast and simmered in a rich tomato, yogurt, coconut sauce that you’re sure to enjoy.
As you may know if you have been to my blog before, I LOVE Curry. So if you like curried foods as much as me then you are going to love this simple recipe too. Guaranteed! Plus it is a tad different than the average chicken curry recipes.
Feel free to add some cubed mini potatoes to this curry if you like, just omit the rice if you choose to do that. Either way this dish will turn out amazing!
The green seasoning you see on top of this dish is called “Kasoori Methi” which is basically dried fenugreek” leaves. It can be found in almost any international isle at your local grocery. See below!
And if you cannot find “dried fenugreek” leaves you can just omit it . However I find it adds an extra element to the dish that is really nice.
I have shared a few other curry recipes here on my blog, however this is the first one with coconut milk vs cream/milk. So if your lactose intolerant than this dish may be right up your ally.
Be sure to make some basmati rice to serve alongside or if you really want to make it extra special go ahead and make some homemade Naan Bread. I will share my favorite Naan bread recipe with you all on this blog very soon 🙂 so stay tuned.
Your family will not believe it’s being served straight from your kitchen, it’s that good. I used to order this type of dish at our local East Indian restaurant, however now I make it often at home.
If you end up giving it a try, do let me know in the comments below. I would love to know what you think 🙂
- Simmer on a low-medium heat for 30 minutes on the stovetop
- Cook in the pressure cooker around 10 minutes or depending on your instructions
- Cook in the slow cooker from 8-10 hours.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, I appreciate every single one of you! If you made this recipe i’d love to hear how it turned out. You can post a review/picture below or via Instagram and let me know. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 400 ml Passata sauce
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1 Onion
- 3 Garlic
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Kasoori Methi” = "Dried fenugreek” optional
- Start by heating the cooking oil in a pot and add in the chopped onion and sweat it till translucent, add in the cubed chicken and minced garlic and saute covered till it sweats some and produces some juices.
- Next, stir and add in the passata sauce along with all the spices. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes so the tomatoes cook.
- Now in the coconut milk, butter and yogurt. Simmer uncovered on low heat for another 10 minutes. Top with a sprinkle of Kasoori Methi” which is basically dried fenugreek” - this is optional.
- Serve alongside some basmati rice and enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER