I’m back with another skip the takeout inspired dish, with this One Pot Chicken Chickpea Curry. It has a wonderful depth of smells and flavor that you’re sure to love.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CHICKPEA CURRY
- This popular dish is made with boneless chicken breast and simmered in a rich tomato spiced cream sauce that you’re sure to love.
- You can prepare this dish all in one pot on the stove or in your slow cooker/pressure cooker.
- I like to prepare this in my slow cooker on the browning setting, just make sure you are using that lid otherwise you will have a mess for sure.
I have experimented with plenty of curries for some time now, so you can trust me when I say this recipe is a sure winner.
Now you will want to go down the ethnic food aisle in your local grocery to pick up some “Madras Curry” which is the right kind of curry powder for this recipe.
Then you will add just a few more traditional indian spices that will make this dish absolutely amazing.
Also if your not to familiar with dried fenugreek leaves, then I encourage you taking a stroll down your groceries ethnic for those as well.
They are sure to have it there somewhere, however if you cannot find them feel free to use cilantro or parsley instead.
Who said it takes a chef to make real indian curry? Obviously never was in your kitchen.
Feel free to omit the chickpeas if your not a fan, however I love them and find they work so well in this recipe. Not to mention add more fiber and helps to spread the meal out so you can have leftovers the next day.
If you prefer a much more spicer curry, I definitely recommend that you use fresh tomatoes versus canned. The canned tomatoes do give it a hint of sweetness that I find contrast well with the spices. However this is your curry, so do as you please.
- Simmer on a low-medium heat for 1 hour on the stovetop
- Cook in the pressure cooker around 10 minutes or depending on your instructions
- Cook in the slow cooker from 8-10 hours.
If you like curry dishes as much as me then you are going to love this simple recipe. Be sure to make some basmati rice to serve alongside or if you really want to make it extra special go ahead and make some homemade Naan Bread.
Like this dish, try my “Chicken & Spinach Curry“ it is delicious!!
If your a CURRY lover like me… Then you will also want to try these dishes below too!
- Chickpea Curry
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Super Tasty Chicken Karahi
- Karahi Gosht
- Vegan Thai Coconut Green Curry
- Best Thai Red Curry
- Chicken Chickpea Curry
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. These calculations are based off Nutritionix
TO MAKE THE CHICKEN CHICKPEA CURRY:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 766Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 2221mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 16gSugar: 14gProtein: 42g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These calculations are based off Nutritionix