1 package Paneer(cottage cheese)
3/4 cup Creamor Whole Milk
10 Whole Cashews
4 tbsp Butteror Ghee
1 tsp Ketchup
3 tbsp tomato passataor tomato paste
2 tbsp Ginger n Garlic paste
1 tbsp Gram Masala
1 tbsp Corriander Powder
1/4 tsp Red chili powder
Craving curry but looking for an alternative to the typical “meat curry” options? Why not try the vegetarian alternative to Chicken Tikka Masala with this Cheese Butter Masala aka (Paneer Makhani). Indie’s favorite curry by the way, she just can’t get enough of the creamy, cheesy flavors!
From the research Bubba gathered on this dish, he concluded that this Cheese Butter Masala (Paneer Makhani) is a very popular dish in North India.
And is eaten often by the Hindu communities, who are mostly vegetarians. Bubba, Hunter and Indie wish they could be vegetarians like the Hindus, but insist they’re just not ready yet. But with dishes like this they sure could try to be more often.
This cheese can be found in pretty much any major grocer and is a nice change to meat. We hope you like it as much as we do!
So creamy and cheesy!
Note: You can add 1 tbsp of fried onions to the butter mixture of desired. And top with dried fenugreek leaves or parsley.
Indie says, when Panner is in the air everyone is sure to want some.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review/picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox so you don’t miss a thing!
Cheese Butter Masala (Paneer Makhani)
- 1 package Paneer
- 3/4 cup Cream
- 10 Whole Cashews
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Ketchup
- 3 tbsp tomato passata
- 2 tbsp Ginger n Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Gram Masala
- 1 tbsp Corriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chili powder
- Combine the tomato passata, cashews, tomato ketchup, garam masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder, lemon juice, green chili, ground cumin, cashews, fenugreek leaves and cream in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and then open your package of Paneer and cut into cubes, and place into bowl. Add in some salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- In your saucepan, over medium heat add your butter/ghee, and once hot add in your ginger/garlic paste cook for 3 minutes till fragrant. Now add in your Tomato/Cream and Cashew mixture.
- Cover and let simmer for 4 minutes, then remove the lid and add in salt to taste.
- Your sauce should be somewhat think. So now you want to thin it out a bit, by adding in 4 tbsp of Cream or Whole Milk.
- Here comes that delicious cheese, add in your paneer and stir. Bring it all together to a slow boil and turn down to simmer for two minutes and it's done.
- Sprinkle with cilantro OR fenugreek dried leaves and serve with rice basmati before serving if desired. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER