Today I’m sharing with you one of my newest fusion dishes. What makes this a fusion dish is the combination of the “Thai Green Curry Paste” and “Indian spices”.
I ALWAYS have Indian and Thai ingredients on hand so this dish will be really easy to make if you do to.
This recipe is definitely one of those top vegan/vegetarian recipes that we like to enjoy in our home often.
Made with coconut milk, chickpeas, roma tomatoes, canned tomatoes, onions and an array of spices.
You are sure to enjoy the amazing flavors in this dish!
Actually it’s my partners favorite curry dish right now and he is more of a meat eater, so trust me when I say, it’s that good.
In our home we eat vegetarian at least 3x per week and that is if I am cooking. “Which 95% of the time I am. So I hold all the power in deciding what goes in our meals. Thank God!
Otherwise we probably would be eating takeout every night. Which is fine and dandy when your in your 20’s but we are now in our 30’s and try to watch what we eat.
So what are you waiting for? You can have this absolutely delicious and healthy curry on the table tonight in under 30 minutes.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Green Thai Curry Paste
- 1 can, 540ml Chickpeas
- 4 large tomatoes Whole canned tomatoes
- 2 chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 lime Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Gram Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic flakes
- 1 tsp Dry Ginger
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Dried Fenugreek leaves, Kasoori Methi
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- Start by opening up a can of chickpeas and whole tomatoes, then set aside.
- On a large chopping board, dice your onion, mince your garlic, chop your tomato and set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat add 1 tsp of coconut oil and the chopped onion and saute till translents.
- Next add another 1 tsp of coconut oil then the fry the thai green curry paste for 2 minutes before adding in the minced garlic.
- Saute one more minute, before pouring in the coconut milk, chickpeas, canned tomatoes and roma tomatoes.
- Lastly add in the all spices and simmer uncovered on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve into bowls and then squeeze some lime juice. "This prevents the lime juice from cooking" enjoy alone or with basmati rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 777Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1134mgCarbohydrates: 100gFiber: 20gSugar: 17gProtein: 23g