1 tbsp Cooking oil
2 tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
1 tsp Fresh Ginger Root
1 can Coconut Milk
1 cup Vegetable stock
2 Red Pepper
1 cup baby bok choychopped
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Fish Sauceoptional
150 grams Vermicelli
3 Kaffir lime leavesoptional
1 leaf Fresh Basiloptional
2 sprigs Cilantrooptional
This Vegan Thai Coconut Green Curry is definitely on my list of all time favorite vegan meals. It’s super simple to make and is absolutely delicious.
Now of course you can add some chicken or shrimp to this if you’d like. But why would you? when you have this amount of flavors coming from an already AMAZING dish.
You can make it more like a soup, like I do or you can make it more of a dry dish. To make it more like a soup you will want to add in more liquid than just the coconut milk. I stuck with vegetable stock to keep with the vegan theme. Also if you want to keep it purley vegan, be sure to omit the fish sauce.
The amazing flavors in this dish come from the Green Thai Curry paste which has the traditional ingredient of “Lemongrass”, “Galangal” and “Kaffir lime leaves” in it.
You can add a few Thai bird’s eye chili slices into this also if your wanting additional heat. However that is something I don’t always recommended because they are very hot and if not handled correctly can burn the hands and eyes. So instead, I would recommend just a pinch of some Red Chili Paste instead. The Thai basil and cilantro is used at the end for a garnish and added flavor.
Even though we use the premade “Green Thai Curry paste” in this recipe, which has crushed Kaffir lime leaves, I also like to add a few kaffir leaves too. Plus I always have them on hand in my freezer for when I am cooking anything Thai.
I find they really enhances the dish, however you do not have to add any kaffir lime leaves if you don’t have them. Because like I said before the s“Green thai curry paste” already has them crushed inside.
Oh and be sure not to forget to squeeze some lime juice in at the end. It will adds that extra element of tang that is needed to create an authentic thai dish. Once you get familiar with the basic ingredients of thai cooking, you will be shocked at how easy it is to prepare these Thai dishes at home.
Literally you can have almost any thai recipe on the table in under 30 minutes.
Our favorite “Green Thai Curry paste”.
One of our favorite Coconut Milks or look for an Organic Kind
Keep in mind a good coconut milk, will be half solid a half watery. One that is all watery does not work as well for this dish, typically organic varieties or Thai have the best products.
- “Lemongrass”, “Galangal” and “Kaffir lime leaves” can be found in most Asian stores. “Thai Green Curry Paste” can be found in most Supermarkets, Thai Green Curry paste has all the above ingredients in it needed to make this dish.
- Add in the lime last, you do not want to cook the lime because it will ruin the flavor.
- If your wanting to use fresh “Lemongrass”, “Galangal” and “Kaffir lime leaves” do not eat them. There just for flavoring, if you’re going to use these for added flavor, make sure to bruise each item before adding to the pot.
- Want more heat, simply add in some Thai Bird’s eye chilies or Thai Chili Paste. Caution when preparing Bird’s Eye Chilies, these chilies are very hot and can burn the eyes so proceed with caution.
I’m thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
GREEN THAI CURRY WITH CHICKEN, PEPPERS AND BOK CHOY
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- 2 Red Pepper
- 1 cup baby bok choy
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 150 grams Vermicelli
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Lime
- 1 leaf Fresh Basil
- 2 sprigs Cilantro
- Start by washing and chopping your vegetables and then set aside.
- Now in a medium sized pot, heat up the oil on medium high and in your “GREEN THAI CURRY PASTE” saute for 2 minutes till blended. Add in your ginger/garlic paste, and cook for 2 minutes all together.
- Next add in your can of coconut milk and cook for another 2 minutes on medium-high.
- Next add in your vegetables and vegetable stock along with the fish sauce, kaffir lime leaves, sugar and simmer for another 10 minutes over low heat.
- Lastly, add in the juice of a whole lime.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER