Looking for a quick and tasty lunch or dinner option? Then this Chicken Pea Pasta Salad is sure to do the trick.
Plus it can be served warm or cold, so depending on the time of year it can be enjoyed.
Also this simple pasta salad has it all and can feed a crowd easily, just throw it all together in one big bowl and it’s good to take anywhere!
I never really used to like pasta salads, mainly because I found them to be heavy and or covered with an unhealthy dressing.
But this salad is different, it is pretty healthy and you can really tweak it to your liking.
I prefer to add equal amounts of pasta to chicken and peas, you can definitely add more pasta to stretch it if desired.
Also keep in mind that this type of salad can be refrigerating overnight.
Making it such a great recipe for any type of gathering that your going to attend or host.
Prepare this the night before and you can even have a weeks worth of meal preps ready to go for the work week ahead!
If your on a gluten free diet, simply switch out the pasta for a gluten free variety.
If you have been looking at other pea salads recipes and are still debating which one to go with.
I encourage you to really give this one a shot, it’s one of the most popular pasta salads on this site.
And is something my aunt makes for the family every summer.
Which always ends up being gone before the nights end!
If you’re still looking more simple pasta salad ideas?
Simply use my search bar on the sites homepage and you will find my others.
And you should not feel any guilt eating this one as it’s much lower in calories than most of those other recipes out there.
And that is because we are not using any heavy dressings in here.
Also, feel free to add some different ingredients if desired.
- Cooked asparagus
- Leftover spinach
- Shredded turkey etc
HOW TO MAKE A CHICKEN PASTA SALAD?
- Simply saute the seasoned Chicken Breasts till cooked.
- Cook the pasta till al dente.
- Cooked the peas till hot
- Then toss everything together in a large bowl along with the dressing!
Your body will thank you for it eating such a healthy dish and you won’t even miss those high calorie dressings in those others, I promise.
Or if you have a favorite low calorie dressing go ahead and use that in replace of mine.
But first off try mine, you may be surprised at how simple at tasty it is.
Tossed in a low fat lemon spiced garlic sauce that is absolutely Dee-licious.
This salad contains just 3 simple ingredients, which consist of bowtie pasta, seasoned shredded chicken and peas.
Such an easy salad recipe that is perfect for summer.
The only sad part is that it will most likely disappear before your eyes if you have others in the house.
It always does it mine, in fact it is me that tends to eat it all.
Sometimes I will add less pasta if I am the only one having it.
Then I will amp up the pea ratio to make it more filling. I encourage you to do what works for you, also if your on some kind of gluten free diet.
No a days they have gluten free bowtie pasta as well.
So the sky’s the limit here!
What can be easier than this salad?
You will start by cooking the bow tie pasta till al dente then during that time you can season and cook the chicken breasts and peas.
Before shredding the chicken then throwing all together in a light dressing that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
I highly recommended using frozen or fresh peas for this recipe, canned just taste no good.
If your not really into peas you can replace them with frozen sweet corn.
Just make sure your pre cooking those peas or corn prior of course.
My favorite Chicken Rub = Szeged Chicken Rub
Serve it for dinner or save it for the weeks meal preps.
Image making this on a Sunday, preparing for the Mon – Wed work week ahead all in one day.
Talk about healthy and easy ready made meals!
Wanting to make more?
Simply use my recipe adjuster above and it will calculate the serving size so that you can make as much as you need.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ★
- 4 cups Dry Bowtie pasta
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Boneless Chicken breasts
- 3 cups Frozen peas
- 2 tbsp Szeged Chicken Rub
- 5 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion flakes
- 1 tsp Dry Oregano
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Start by cooking the bowtie pasta in some lightly salted water according to package instructions or until al dente. Once cooked strain under cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken breasts on either side with the Szeged Chicken Rub and saute with 2 tbsp of melted butter over medium heat. Flipping over a few times till cooked fully.
- Remove the cooked chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks.
- Now add the frozen peas to a medium saucepan of boiling water, reduce heat and simmer the peas for roughly 5 minutes till cooked. Remove the peas, strain. Add the peas to a large bowl along with the cooled cooked pasta and shredded chicken.
- Toss in the spices, lemon juice and olive oil and toss to coat.
- Serve warm or cover and place in the fridge to serve cold later. Enjoy!
You can always add a dash of your favorite low calorie dressing to this if you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart C55-12PCKSAM 12 Piece Color Knife Set with Blade Guards (6 knives and 6 knife covers), Jewel - Amazon Exclusive
Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
Gibson Home Laroda 3 Piece Salad Bowl Set Including 10 Inch Bowl and Serve Spoon and Fork, Acacia Wood
Lipper International Acacia Wave Serving Bowl for Fruits or Salads, Large, 12" Diameter x 7" Height, Single Bowl
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 5), Non Slip Colorful Silicone Bottom Nesting Storage Bowls by Regiller, Polished Mirror Finish For Healthy Meal Mixing and Prepping 1.5-2 - 2.5-3.5 - 7QT
LOOKING FOR OTHER SUMMER SALAD RECIPES?
- Chicken avocado chickpea salad
- Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad
- Bacon Lettuce Tomato Pasta Salad
- Tabbouleh bulgur recipe
- Cheesy Pesto Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes
- Creamy bowtie pasta with salmon artichokes and kale
- Salmon and kale pasta salad
- Creamy lemon cucumber and tomato salad
- Chickpea avocado feta salad
- Lemon and paprika potato salad
- Corn on the cob salad