1 Butter Puff Pastry
3 cups Pitted cherries
1 tsp Sugar
1 tbsp Olive oil
Chocolate Cherry Syrups
1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Pitted cherries
2 tbsp Water
If you have never made a galette which is a term used in French cuisine to designate various types of flat round or freeform crusty cakes, then you are in for a treat.
Most people would agree and say this galette tastes just like cherry pie, however is a bit more light and flaky.
Served with a Chocolate Cherry Syrup that is sure appease those with a sweet tooth. Serve to your friends and family and watch them be in awe that you made it yourself from scratch.
I absolutely love cherries and come summer when they are in season and ripe, I like to eat them by them by the pounds. Packed full of antioxidants and fiber they are just too good to not enjoy fresh all summer long.
I’m always finding new ways to cook with them too and so you can find a few cherry recipes on this site for sure.
If you are checking this recipe out and there not in season where you are, then you can definitely use the pre pitted frozen ones too that most of the grocers carry.
For this recipe you are just filling and folding over to create the most delicious dessert, without all the hassle of a typical pie.
You will need about 3 cups of fresh cherries! One premade butter puff pastry, sugar and olive oil.
Place 2 1/2 cups of pitted cherries inside the Butter Puff Pastry like so
And then simply fold over all the sides
Sprinkle with white sugar or drizzle with maple syrup and bake at 375 for 35 minutes
Just make sure the cherries are defrosted fully before making this recipe if you choose the frozen variety.
While the galette is cooking in the oven, you will simply reduce a few pitted cherries on the stove top with some chocolate chips to create the perfect glaze.
Serve the glaze warm alongside this gallette and you will be in Cherry Chocolate Heaven!
Flaky, sweet and a bit tart this is sure to cure your sweet tooth!
And by all means go ahead and serve with some whip cream… so good!
- 1 Butter Puff Pastry
- 3 cups Pitted cherries
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
CHOCOLATE CHERRY SYRUPS
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Pitted cherries
- 2 tbsp Water
- Whipped cream
- You can either buy or make your butter puff pastry crust or you can buy the pre-make frozen crust at your local grocery store. If your using the pre-made like me, then simply unroll your pie crust onto a tin foil pan that is covered in baking paper.
- Fill with the pitted cherries, then fold over the crust as seen in the picture, and tuck around to close. (ruffly 2 inches all over) Lastly, whisk one egg in a small bowl and brush onto the pie crust. (You can skip this and brush with butter once it's almost cooked instead too as I did here.
- Bake in the oven till golden brown and serve as is or with a Chocolate Cherry glaze.
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE CHERRY GLAZE
- In a medium saucepan, add 1/2 cup of pitted cherries, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and cook over a low heat till melted. Serve alongside the galette and add some whipped cream also if desired. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER