3 cups Oatmeal
1 1/2 cups Walnuts* you can replace with your favorite nut
2 cups Peanut Butter* *i like to use Organic peanut butter with Chia seeds
1/2 cup Honey* you can replace with agave nectar or maple syrup
1 tbsp Cocoa powder
So many granola bars types out there today on the market, MOST contain a bunch of sugar and OTHER fillers. And are no where as good for you as these homemade! I have tried a few recipes throughout the years, trying to prefect the best bar. Not to CHEWY but not to HARD and I found for this TYPE of recipe simple is Best. These no sugar bars can be made with just 5 ingredients, cost half of what the store bought variety would and take less than 10 minutes to prepare. With just some good old ingredients of “Oatmeal, Honey, Coca powder, Walnuts and your favorite Peanut butter variety, you to can enjoy homemade Granola bars too. I like to use Organic peanut butter with chia seeds in it, its less sweet than regular peanut butter, but the type you use is completely up to you but its best to use one without all the added oils & sugar. Whipping these up on a lazy Sunday is best BECAUSE you can store them covered in the fridge for an easy Quick on the Go breakfast throughout the week. Or if your heading into the great outdoors these can be excellent for that kind of adventure. Me and Jason, tend to eat one a day and so they go by end week!
- A medium sized baking pan, I like to use my Baking Pans set of 3
- A pastry scraper or sharp knife, I like this Pastry Scraper
To make the Walnut Granola Bars:
- make the Walnut Granola Bars:
- In a large bowl add in your honey and peanut butter mix till creamy.
- In a small bowl mash half the banana and pour that into your peanut butter and honey mixture.
- Then add in your oats, coca powder and walnuts and mix till everything is combined.
- Press the granola bar mixture into a medium sized pan lined with tinfoil and press it till its flat and compact.
- Put in the fridge for a min of 1 hour and then cut into bars before serving.
Additions: Chia seeds, Flax Seeds, Dried fruit, Chocolate chips, any kind of nuts, etc
Note: Store covered in the fridge for up two a week or pack some outdoor adventure.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!