1 cup Oatmeal
1 cup Blueberries
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
2 tbsp Granola
1tsbp Vanilla extract
Honestly I am not a huge pancake fan, but Jason is. He requests pancakes at least once a month and I always give in and make him a batch usually on those lazy Saturday mornings. The main reason I’m not a huge fan of pancakes is probably because after eating them you just feel even more lazy. All that flour and sugar can be intoxicating. So i decided to try something different and came up with this much more healthy alternative to those boxed pancake mixes everyone is so accustom to. I omitted the eggs and substituted them for ground flax and water. If you prefer eggs, go ahead. Now i can say these pancakes are made allot more often in our home, and that’s because its packed full of healthy ingredients.
To make Blueberry Pancakes
- In a large bowl, mash 3 medium sized bananas.
- Add in your vanilla, blueberries, oatmeal and mix to combine
- Heat your pan to medium heat and scoop two scoops per pancake of batter into pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown on one side. “Watching carefully” for bubbling and that they are browning on one side before flipping over to cook on the other side.
- Once cooked, plate and top with granola and the left over blueberries, then drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
Notes: They are more fragile than regular pancakes, and require careful lifting onto the spatula when turning. Make sure your using a non stick pan otherwise they will fall apart when turning over.
I am so thrilled you are making one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a Review, Picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!